Picking up my new "Ace" today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
Today I am swapping out my F-50 for a 1X12 Stiletto Ace. I really like my F-50 but I am looking for something different. Any "ace" owners out there who would care to point out any "tricks" to this amp. BTW...does anyone know what the 1X12 Combo weighs in at?

Thanks,

Don't be afraid to close your eyes and really twist the knobs. They are very interactive. If the loop is enabled try different combos of channel and master volume for different results, especially if you've got FX in the loop.

-P

I have never heard a Lonestar. How does it differ from the F-50? More Fender-ish?

Oops...my bad. I should have said Stiletto Ace. So, how does that compare to the F-50 ;)

Lt_Core said:
Oops...my bad. I should have said Stiletto Ace. So, how does that compare to the F-50 ;)

I wont know till later but from I have heard playing it in the store is that the Stiletto seems to have a "smoother" overdrive tone to me. It seemd to have a bit more versatility than the F-50 IMHO. No reverb but that doesnt really matter to me.

I've not yet heard a Stiletto Ace. But I'll bet its sweet. I really like the sound of EL34's in overdrive.

I use Mesa EL34's in my Nomad 55, with a THD Hot Plate attenuator, to really get those power amp section tubes singing.

Congrats on your new Ace!

-Gary K

try to start with all potis at 12 o'clock position. the best results are between 9h and 3h

when you are alone at home ;-) go and switch between spongy and normal at 12h postion mastervolume, it will knock you off your shoes.

i run two of them, both preamp sections sound absolutely the same. the potis are very sensitive and with just a small change in position a big change in sound - which is sweet and singing and whatever you need.

i will not change.

Latest posts

Back