Picked up a Deuce today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I wanted to play but got all into rearranging and cleaning my rig. Before I knew it, the time slipped by and now its's too late because I don't want the neghbors getting pissed. :? I should have just played but I got a bug up my butt to move things around. I actually buried my axes too in the meantime :( I think I will have to unbury them tonight so I can try to play tomorrow. :wink:

That was part of the reason for wanting to reorganize my playing area today. I had to move some of the Marshall stuff out of the way to get the 2 ch halfstack in there. I now have things relatively setup. I still have to move things around a little more to incorporate the JMP but I am getting there.

I have played the Dual Rec and it sounds great. I dig the NOS JAN Phillips 7581A's. They really rock. I was meaning to swap them into the Mark IV for a testrun but I just haven't gotten there yet. I also meant to swap the JJ's out of the Dual to try some nicer tubes in there too. I still haven't done that. Right now the Dual sounds great like it is but I am sure it could sound even better with a proper tube blueprinting. I managed to get all the sounds I needed to out of it thus far. Hopefully with a little more time I can get it dialed where it is going to stay.

I managed to get her opened up the first night here and found her born on date and Rev #. She is a Rev G but that is ok because she sounds fine. I am working on a deal for a Rev C that I should be getting here shortly. It'll be nice to be able to set and forget the amps. I know there are some sounds that I would like to leave dialed in already. Hopefully, the Rev C is even better as our friends here have shared and made known. In any event, I will at least have a backup for the Rev G or vice-versa. I am thinking that I will still get another Mark IV (maybe a B) but a IIC+ is definitely in order after the Rev C arrives.

Looking back at the woes of letting the 2210 go, I am less bothered by it. I am getting almost everything I would have gotten out it tonewise so far out of the Dual Rec plus some other goodies. The only thing I haven't gotten to do yet is fully crank this thing. I never got the Marshall past 6 or so. Hopefully the Dual can give me similar power. Some day I might get another 2210 but it will only be for the sentimental value of it.

Back