Picked up a Deuce today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
I knew GAS was gonna get me!

There is a used guitar shop a couple of blocks away from me called
Black Market Music. Pretty sure they used to have a shop in LA too. Anyway I noticed that they had a Deuce in there so of course I had to try it out and absolutely loved the thing. This is the amp Marshall should be making but they aren't. It has a custom finish/covering on it that I really like too. Traded in my Blues Junior and my JTM-45 Reissue for it which I was looking to get rid of anyway.

The clean channel could be better but I've got my F-50 for that.

Here are some pics:

stiletto1.jpg

stiletto2.jpg

Nice one. :D I didn't expect to see you with a new amp till summer... :wink: :lol:

So I take it that offing the JTM wasn't too painful :roll:

Btw the serial # is ST-000047 that doesn't mean it was the 47th one made by any chance does it?

A matching cab would be nice but it'll have to wait!

:lol:

Yeah I was going to wait until the end of summer but by trading in those two amps I didn't have to spend a dime. I bought the Junior and the 45 used and got good deals on them so it was a pretty even trade AND it was getting to the point where I needed to downsize the collection a little anyway.

Letting the JTM-45 go wasn't too tough. It would have been if it sounded the way it was supposed to but it didn't. I was going to have to do a lot of work to get it sounding right if I was going to keep it. And that would mean gutting the whole thing.

I think I'll be a lot happier with the Deuce.

:twisted:

*DOPEMAN* said:
I knew GAS was gonna get me!

There is a used guitar shop a couple of blocks away from me called
Black Market Music. Pretty sure they used to have a shop in LA too. Anyway I noticed that they had a Deuce in there so of course I had to try it out and absolutely loved the thing. This is the amp Marshall should be making but they aren't. It has a custom finish/covering on it that I really like too. Traded in my Blues Junior and my JTM-45 Reissue for it which I was looking to get rid of anyway.

The clean channel could be better but I've got my F-50 for that.

Here are some pics:

stiletto1.jpg

stiletto2.jpg

I think that custom embossed leather is called "black western"

At least you will be able to tell yours apart from others. I can't help but keep returning to check it out. :D

Russ said:
At least you will be able to tell yours apart from others. I can't help but keep returning to check it out. :D

I keep going downstairs to look at it!

:lol:

Screw being here and going down to look at it, I'd be playing it. :p

Speaking of that, I think I might go plug in for a bit. The ol' lady is out of the house and the kiddo is playing across the street at the neighbor's house.

Back