Pick up a Like new Rectifier slant 4x12.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titan7

Reaction score
So yesterday I picked up a mesa cab that's looks almost new, 2 very small while scuffs on the bottom left side of the tolex, about 1/4x 1/8", a tiny dab of black paint, all gone. The scuffs did not mess up the tolex but the white rub marks got on the tolex and were not coming off, the paint just covered the white. can't tell now. The other issue I did not notice until I got home (of course :twisted: ) appears something like the end of a broom handle put a small dent in the grill cloth, on the lower right speaker, about a 1.25" round circle, not very deep. I missed it at the guys house, bad lighting :evil:

Well I thought crap, this sucks, searched around the net and found the fix.
A hair dryer and a bent paperclip.

Bend the paper clip into an "L" shape, push the short end through one of the small holes in the grill cloth in the center of the dent. pull the paper clip carefully out heat with the blowdryer, do not melt it. I heated it for maybe 10-15 seconds and the dent was gone! I could not believe it. I believe the heat shrinks the gril cloth just enough to tighten it up.

Just thought I would pass this onto others if needed. Saved me $219 on a new grill.

I got the cab for $550 with the cover. I must have looked at 10 of these locally, all beat up. I was just about to get a new one!

Latest posts

Back