Petrucci's rig from tour with iron maiden

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't see the mini-switches, but you can at least see the knobs and graphic EQ. He's clearly not using Mark I mode.

Thanks for posting this, yeah probably using the Tubescreamer to tighten up channel 2. Who knows!

Those Mark V look great.

I remember reading from another thread that he uses
Ch1 fat, bold
Ch2, Crunch
Ch3, MarkiV

The second head is a backup and also provides power section for stereo setup. He uses Ch3 for both main rhythm and lead, with the axe fx providing a boost up front and the delays in fx loop for lead. If you search the JP forum, there is a lot more info.

ive seen in another pic of his mark v that he uses iic+ mode on channel...tried that setting and it was awesome i must say, very "dreamy" . now forget that terrible pun.

besides his marks are probably there just to fulfill obligations to boogie haha hes been assimilated by the borg..err axefx

drstone said:
ive seen in another pic of his mark v that he uses iic+ mode on channel...tried that setting and it was awesome i must say, very "dreamy" . now forget that terrible pun.

besides his marks are probably there just to fulfill obligations to boogie haha hes been assimilated by the borg..err axefx

It would be interesting if he became an Axe FX-only player in a few years.

drstone said:

Ya on his A rig he has iic+ mode setup on one of the heads with the gain cranked.

The rumor I heard about Petrucci and the AXE-FX is that he is just using it for the FX in his main rig, and for the amp modelling too for overseas gigs

spawnofthesith said:
The rumor I heard about Petrucci and the AXE-FX is that he is just using it for the FX in his main rig, and for the amp modelling too for overseas gigs

about 90% of all metal bands now are doing this for overseas, just due to the fact it can go direct into the pa and still sound epic. Still though i feel nothing sounds as good as an all tubed amp exspeically the mark v. It has that certian tone that nothing can mimic.

I saw them this past weekend...AMAZING performance as usual :D

None of the four Mark V stacks on stage directly behind him were miked. These were most likely just dummy heads and cabs, judging by how easily the crew moved them off stage.

Does anyone know how his signal runs to the PA? Is it direct?

I didn't see a cabinet behind the stacks, that would have been miked. But I might be wrong...

Anyone know?

If I recall correctly, he hasn't been mic'ing the cabs in the front for a long time. His real rig is run off-stage where his tech can deal with it.

Check the original link, page 2, I posted a link to another thread where his tech explains the whole rig and the signal chain.

Here's the link to the older thread. He answers several questions about the rig.

http://petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68428

Excellent info...thank you!
I missed that link in your original post.

eudaimonia02912 said:
If I recall correctly, he hasn't been mic'ing the cabs in the front for a long time. His real rig is run off-stage where his tech can deal with it.
I didn't realize he wasn't mic'ing the cabs for a while, it's been a couple years since I've seen him live (until this past weekend).

Back