Petrucci's "An Evening with JP & JR" tone must

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Man JPM, Mesa MarkIV Head and Recto 2x12 cab, and Boss DD6 Delay, that's all.

At the time the album has been realized, at the JP forum it was said it was the gear i've listed above.

My memories have failed, but you're surely right Bullen, i'm sure about the 2x12 Recto and the MarkIV, i reminded a Head, so, thanks for the correction Bullen.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a JPMM + Mark IV combo + 2x12; it sounds very similar to my setup (tone-wise, not technique-wise, obviously). Now if only I could capture that good a tone when recording... :(

You know, something I've always wondered is whether the delay on the recordings are from the DD6 or were added in post-production. There seems to be too much stereo separation in the delay for it to be a single mic'ed cab. For example, listen to the beginning of "In the Moment"; you can clearly hear the guitar delay ping-ponging on the left & right side.

actually, i'm pretty sure it was a recto, some of those tones i hear sound nothing like a mark IV. plus on youtube you can see his and jordan playing songs and the amp looks like a recto.

Nick_cor said:
actually, i'm pretty sure it was a recto, some of those tones i hear sound nothing like a mark IV. plus on youtube you can see his and jordan playing songs and the amp looks like a recto.

Pretty much everyone who was at the show said it was a Mark IV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbBzE6oOu4

Man, that tone wasn't just his recorded tone, it sounded the same way in the room. Sounds awesome.

Nick_cor said:

lol, I think you're just regreting selling your Mark IV nick. :wink:

Nick_cor said:

Nope its a Mark IV, I was their, second row, great show. Sorry man you shouldn't have sold it I got a **** kick *** close tone to that also on my Mark IV.

Wow, you guys stick it hard. I'm not actually regretting selling my mark IV because i made too much money on it. lets just say I bought a markIIC+ and got it shipped and still had a generous amount of money left. But that doesn't mean i still don't want one. I'm actually working on getting getting a mark IV. You guys are lucky for getting to see that petrucci show.

Back