Pedals and Rack effect for my MARK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webstersp

Reaction score
I just bought myself a Mark IV and I really like the sound!! I still need to play with it a bit more but I already love it!! So many options!!

I never added any effects or stuff to my amps ( I had a single rectifier and a dual rec tremoverb) but I'm always on a quest to get a better sound!

I was thinking of buying a BBE sonic maximizer 482i rackmount, some like it some others don't I'l try it and se for myself.

I would like to know wich effect, rack, pedal you are using to help get a better sound. I'm not really looking for effects like dealy, chorus etc I jsut want to get the best distortion that I can have. Playing lots of power chords and fast palm muting!!

I play mostly punk rock ( yeah I know I only need to make noise!! )
but i also like to cover some old metallica and hard rock a bit, I mostly play rythmn guitar!!

Thanks!!

awesome, welcome to the club!!

I own a BBE Sonic Maximizer....I think its the 462.....I never use it anymore.

a few years back I decided it would be cool to buy a 4 space SKB rack and Furman Power Conditioner, BBE, ART 31-Band EQ, and Korg Tuner.

It was great for a while. I love the BBE. A year or 2 passed, started to realized that the BBE was cutting some vital midrange from my tone and boosting highs and lows. It did sound clearer, but ....your Mesa should sound awesome just by itself.

Its really all up to you. I dont mess with effects of any kind, just clean and distortion. Maybe some reverb and delay on clean parts.

Back