Pedal for Lonestar Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autocrat

Reaction score
I tried to search to see if this was asked before but didn't get any good results.

I have a Lonestar Special head running into an Avatar 2x12 cab. I used to have a Roadking and loved the flexibility but needed something simple.

Well, now i'm needing another option for a heavy sound (Tool, old Incubus, Chevelle). I have a Keeley TS9, but want something like channel 3 of the Roadking. I'm using LPs and Carvin strats.

Can anyone recommend a pedal? Maybe a Keeley MT2? There are so many options out there when it comes to distortion, I don't know where to begin.

Thanks

Instead of an overdrive, try an EQ pedal...if you max the gain on the Lonestar, and scoop the mids with an EQ, it'll probally get you there

AMP10 said:
Instead of an overdrive, try an EQ pedal...if you max the gain on the Lonestar, and scoop the mids with an EQ, it'll probally get you there

Hmm, maybe I'll give that a try. I have some old Boss EQ laying around. I just like that nice Recto saturation sometimes.

Anyone else use a use an OD pedal in front of a Lonestart Special?

Yup... i use the Zinky True Grit. Awesome OD and massively flexible. By the way... a Klon Centaur will cost you a load.

Try the damage control solid metal - LSS sounds like a recto with it from my experience.

If you have a Radial dealer around you give one of their distortions a try. Expensive? yes. But they are very good.

I have an almost new ProCo Rat2 with the Vodka Mods upgrades. It has two mini toggles on the back that give you many different sounds to choose from. I'm selling it for $110 driveout if you're interested ([email protected]). I also have a Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus that can get great scooped mids ($70 for that one). Good luck finding a pedal.

Try this:

Electro-Harmonix Pocket Metal Muff and they are pretty inexpensive.

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F001%5FNANO%5FLine%2F01%5FPocket%5FMetal%5FMuff

Back