Pedal Based Effects Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good pedal based effects loop. Basically, I want that straight "guitar plugged straight into the amp" tone when the pedal/loop is off. There are quite a few out there; besides the Radial ones most seem to be boutique and I'm have a hard time finding reviews. I came across the "Toadworks True Bypass Looper" for $50 which appears to do exactly what I want assuming that it passes the tone through uncolored when off. Anyone have any experience with this or any other good ones? Thanks.

depending how many pedals you are going to run in the loop, you can probably find somebody locally to build you one if you pop an ad up on craigslist. I did that because I had a pedal that I wanted to use even though it was a tone sucker when it was off. I got two true bypass looper pedals for $100.

If you're only going to run a couple pedals in there, a looper does not have to be complicated or include a buffer or anything.

Back