pc recording

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
Anybody recording with a pc? What do I need to get started? I have ableton.

Ableton will work but I'm not familiar with it.

You will need a good sound card. Get either a Firewire based box or if you need to do it cheap I recommend anything from M-Audio like the Delta44 or Delta66.

i use line6 toneport UX2 to record at home. it gets the job done and it's cheap.

+1 for the UX2 Toneport. The Toneport is actually an external usb soundcard so you don't need to get a new soundcard if you get one.

I use Ableton as well I think it's a great program for putting songs together quickly. I still have a lot to learn about it though.

my band uses the presonus firestudio and really likes it, either the presonus firebox or inspire1394 seem like a good 2 channel alternatives for those who don't need 8 channels

we use it with cubase sx 3 and are pretty happy with it, i don't know ableton/sonar/logic/pro-tools at all so i don't really have anything to compare it to

If you are recording a live band I probably wouldn't recommend Ableton. It's a loop based DAW so it's great for structuring and re-structuring songs on the fly. It can work as a regular DAW as well but there are probably better alternatives.

I'm using a firepod, only two channels, but it works for me. I use Cubase SE and FL Studio. Have some Native ints. plug ins, a SM57, a e906, some nice headphones. I use the Firewire connection and record at 96K with only 10 ms. latency. It enough for my little projects. I have heard that the Firestudios are awesome and you can link them to get more channels.

Back