Pay Pal...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbsens03

Reaction score
so, I have had a pay pal account for quite a while now but I only use it to buy things off eBay. I just posted a pedal on Craigslist to sell locally and so far the only hit I've had was a local asking to pay me through Pay Pal. I'm not sure how this would work, if I would be charged anything extra, or how quickly I would get the money. Any advice? Thanks!

dbsens03 said:
so, I have had a pay pal account for quite a while now but I only use it to buy things off eBay. I just posted a pedal on Craigslist to sell locally and so far the only hit I've had was a local asking to pay me through Pay Pal. I'm not sure how this would work, if I would be charged anything extra, or how quickly I would get the money. Any advice? Thanks!

If the buyer is local, I would insist cash. Even if it was a cash advance on their credit card. Let the buyer take the hit for any fees/interest, and walk away with a smile. Staples has the pens that mark currency to detect counterfiet bills. Cheap insurance, if you ask me. Any buyer who is offended by the pen, has bad intentions. :shock:

ya, he's local. I told him I want cash. He says the only money he has is in pay pal. but if he has a pay pal, wouldnt he be able to put it in his account and take out the cash?

All you need to do is get his paypal email and send him an invoice for the agreed upon amount, including a description of the item on the invoice... or just use gift option, which leaves the buyer open to getting screwed, not you. Then once the funds clear, usually the same day, transfer the funds to your bank, then you are paid, no questions asked. then exchange the goods.

you can chat online with live paypal tech people if you have more detailed questions.

A guy I buy tubes from, he has a small shop in a recording studio, i pay him with paypal, funds show up instantly...

get his id and addy and phone if you are weary of it

scott

Latest posts

Back