• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Paul Reed Smith PRS 513 $1800

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidp158

Reaction score
NOTE: This guitar is SOLD. Thanks to all who inquired about it.

Paul Reed Smith 513 all-mahogany guitar with original case. This guitar was part of a limited run of all-mahogany 513's. To my ears, the all-mahogany 513 sounds fuller and smoother than the more expensive maple top version, especially in single coil modes.

As the body and neck woods are mahogany, and the neck is glued in, the 513 deviates from a vintage Strat, while retaining 90% of those qualities. Expect the guitar to cover all the tones you'd want from a Strat PLUS humbucker tones. The two selector switches are very simple to use. In single coil mode, the 5 way selector works exactly as the standard Stratocaster. In humbucker mode, the 5 way switch selects between humbucker and single coil combinations.The other selector switch is a 3 way that selects between single coil mode, "clear" humbucker mode and "dark" humbucker mode.

The 5 separate single coils pickups can be selected in these ways:
• Single coil mode = all 5 standard vintage Strat tones.
• Humbucker "clear" mode = HB bridge, HB + SC middle, SC middle (not humbucking), SC middle + HB neck, HB neck. The humbucker tones are a bit clearer than standard humbucker pickups, so they mix very well with the single mode combinations. If you're more into humbuckers than single coils, this mode is very versatile.
• Humbucker "dark" mode = all the "clear" settings above, but with a louder, darker humbucker pickup that's smooth and fat; good for heavy rock and jazz.

Paul Reed Smith web site info:
http://www.prsguitars.com/513/index.php

Compared to my PRS Singlecut, the 513 neck is feels slightly narrower, but with slightly more depth. I have no problem switching between the two guitars, and find both necks fit my hands extremely well.
Neck dimensions:
1.69" wide X .85" thick @ the nut
1.88" wide X .9" thick @ 12th fret
2.25" wide @ 22nd fret

Frets are 0.06" / 1.5mm high X .055" / 1.4mm wide

I have gigged with the guitar, so there is some normal pick scuffing, and a few minor dings. No belt buckle rash on the back, and virtually no fret wear. I give this guitar's condition a 9+ out of 10, and have shown the visible dings in the photo links. The pick scuffs simply don't show up in photos, as its minor. The finish is a deep brown/red color, similar to a Gibson SG but not quite cherry red. BTW, the one piece top looks cool, but the grain pattern swirl doesn't show up well in the photos. Other than the installed strap locks, the guitar is stock.

CRW_0014_PRS513-frnt_sm.jpg

CRW_0007_PRS513-in_case_sm.jpg

CRW_0047-PRS513-ding-sm.jpg

CRW_0038-PRS513-ding-sm.jpg

CRW_0043-PRS513-ding-sm.jpg

$1800 + shipping / PayPal accepted if buyer pays fees / lower 48 states only

Dave 425-746-7245
email = davidp158 AT earthlink DOT net

Back