Patch cable in the Effects Loop Send and Return?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently had some issues with the Effects Loop Send and Return not working on my Roadster. When trouble shooting, the MESA Tech told me to use a patch cable between my send and return on the back of the head to isolate the problem to the head itself. It ended up being the V5 tube crapping out on me.

Anywho, I was wondering if it was ok to keep the patch cable between the send and return on the back of the head so that I would be able to use the main output and solo knobs on the front (these don't work when the loop is bypassed). Am I able to do this without any damage to the head? I will be just running my effects straight into the front input (is this a wise choice?). Any advise is greatly appreiciated.

My signal chain will be as followed:
Wireless > boss tuner > volume pedal > bad horsie II wha > boss chorus > boss delay > amp front input.
Originally I was running the chorus and delay through the effects loop send and return.

I know this post has a lot to do with effects, but my main focus is on the safety of my Roadster head while using a patch cable with no effects between the send and return to have full use of the over all main output and solo knobs.

Thanks,
Blake

I actualy like the patch cable in the loop better than no cable/loop bypass. It really does sound fuller to my ears and gets both sides of that FX preamp tube working.

R_ADKINS80 said:
I actualy like the patch cable in the loop better than no cable/loop bypass. It really does sound fuller to my ears and gets both sides of that FX preamp tube working.

I know this is an old thread but should all Recs with a parallel effects loops have a patch cable in the loop if you're just using the loop to engage the master volume? I have no effects running to this amp.

There is an internal jumper that shorts the send to return when there is no cable plugged in. It's the same as having a short cable plugged in from send to return.

You should be able to engage the FX loop without anything plugged in and use the Master Volume.

Latest posts

Back