part 2: mesa combo for RHCP sounds?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshall..

If you want a Mesa, look into the Stiletto Ace. John uses a Silver Jubilee and another Marshall.. a Major?.. you want a 50 watt pair of EL34's for that sound.

The stiletto won't do silverface cleans but the cleans are great on it. You might look into a Mark IV combo and a marshally boost pedal if the cleans are more important to you.

lol well my rivera pubster does all his main tones perfectly atm but im not sure if ill be keeping it or trading it against the new mesa :?

Think ill be going for either an f-50 or an express 5:25 if i like the burn channel on it.....

I can get a believable Chili tone with my Strat with Fralin Blues specials and my Ace. I can also get a close tone with my Roadster Tweed channel with the same guitar. To me its more in the Strat tone and technique. Gotta a good Flea? That helps :lol: With the tite clean and fluid drive on the Ace I can handle Higher ground easily. We also cover My Lonely Man and I use the Ace and it leaves it up to me to keep the train rollin'. :wink:

Back