Parametric EQ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastorofmuppets

Reaction score
Hi, I am eventually going to get a Mark III amp with a Marshall 1960BV cab to try and get the Master of Puppets sound. James had an Aphex 3 band parametric EQ in the loop of the amp, I was wondering how different each EQ sounds from another. I would like to have the exact one he used but they are virtually impossible to get. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good alternative to the Aphex. I have settings for this one and I don't know how to convert them to somethings much different. Thanks.

There are pictures of Metalica having Rane PE-15's in their racks... Rane makes a great PEQ. I have a Rane PE-17 that is really good. I just bought a PE-15 for $65 to my door off ebay 8)

I screwed around with the Aphex around 90. It was very cool. I just sold my III to a freind, when I got my IV. It was his Aphex. I did not get one, I like the 5 band more.

I currently use the Rane PE 15 and it is awesome. It was replaced with the PE 17. Parametric is then ONLY way to go with shaping a sound you want. If you're going to get a parametric you need at least a 4 band to really make it work for you. Enjoy!!!

Latest posts

Back