parametric eq`s degrades my c+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the only difference is the Celestion G12 70W Vintage Speakers, Is there something else about the BV cabinet
or just the speakers they use?

DaveP said:
Looks like the only difference is the Celestion G12 70W Vintage Speakers, Is there something else about the BV cabinet
or just the speakers they use?

The cabs construktion should be the same so yes i think its just the v30s that make the dif.

But i think i read somwhere that the tune the back panel abit for the BV.

The BV dont sound like boogie cabs, less rumbly more thight more rock and role aand less new metal if you willl , as soon as i plugged it in instaed of the standard marshall b , bam it sounded like i used a new and much better amp , and my speaker search was over.

Thats why if you like things about the standard B but normaly perefere v30`s you might just find THE cab for you.

Again Metallica also used the marshall BV on load even when the meas cabs with v30 wher launced.

There is no right or wrong , but i have never heard of enyone perefering the standard B`s over the BV for enykind of music .

If I can find a Quad of Vintage 30's for the right price I might give them a try in this cabinet. Keep the ones that sound best.
It may be cheaper to buy the while cabinet though. Good prices out there right now.

DaveP said:
If I can find a Quad of Vintage 30's for the right price I might give them a try in this cabinet. Keep the ones that sound best.
It may be cheaper to buy the while cabinet though. Good prices out there right now.

Its diffently worth a shot.

It will worth more if it has the vintage sign in the bottom :wink:

Im getting one more .

Hmm have dos a amp like mine handel two 1960`s do you think ?

I have fallen in love with my amp so she stays, so the logical sted for me would be to get one more cab and one more C+ that way i have all the options and be abel to run my TC G-force with stereo effects through this setup also

Since the cabinets are either 4 or 16 ohm in mono I suppose you could get a Y cable and use the Stereo 8 ohm setting.
Then plug each one into the 4 ohm speaker out of the amp.
Using 2 C+'s in stereo would be the ultimate way to go. You can never get enough of a good thing. :D

Jep , but also the idea of having two c+`s that varry alittel in sound is apealing to me.

I like to have both versions of the same amp :D .

Hmm mesa boogie stats that with marshall 1960 you must use the 4 ohm speaker out into the 1960 4ohm in.

But my amp has two 4 ohm outs, and one 8 ohm , shuldent i just hook one cab to each of the 4ohm speaker out ?

I have just got a simual sat 85 for christmas present from myself :) , manly beacuse it was in a new mint mark amp head wich il load my c+ into , but i have also been told that the simual sat`s cleans are amazing so il just load that into my rack mounth kit and into my effects rack and use it for cleans with my G-force.

I configured a mix in my cabinet.. There were things about the V30 I like and the G12t-75's. So I installed 2 of each in my 1960B Marshall cabinet in an X pattern. Best of both worlds in one cabinet. They really compliment each other well. The extra lows and highs of the 75 and the mids of the V30.

DaveP said:
I configured a mix in my cabinet.. There were things about the V30 I like and the G12t-75's. So I installed 2 of each in my 1960B Marshall cabinet in an X pattern. Best of both worlds in one cabinet. They really compliment each other well. The extra lows and highs of the 75 and the mids of the V30.

Interresting

I think it was Zack wild does only he uses g12 100`s

What ever works.

Dave i dont know if you know more about this then me but have much "massage" do thise celestion driveres need before the work optimal ?

With Hifi speakers wich i have been around for many years, since the drivers are mecanical the really need upwords of 300 and somtimes a 1000 houres before the get really dynamic and the bass goes down as deep as the speaker can.

I cant really play loude here and my cabs are new and i wonering what will change in sound if i played them LOUD for a couple of hundred houres ?

DaveP said:
I just received a Marshall 1960B cabinet loaded with Celestion G12T-75w's.
I was a bit concerned as I usually prefer the V30's but the G12T-75w are great. They are not as mid-range centered as the V30's.
Great low and crisp high end. I had to EQ the Mark IIC+ a bit to take the high end out but as in push in the Ld Master and Vol 1 Bright.
This speaker give you a much wider frequency respond to work with.
This is a cabinet where the bright mod is a welcome addition.

I've been wanting to do this forever, so you'd recommend it? Did you use all 16 ohm speakers and stick with the same Marshall wiring configuration?

cremona said:

Actually Zakk uses EVM12L's, one interesting thing is, he sets up the 1960A & 1960B's on stage for show but only actually plays thru the B's for the added low end - from what I've read...

#2121313 said:
DaveP said:
I just received a Marshall 1960B cabinet loaded with Celestion G12T-75w's.
I was a bit concerned as I usually prefer the V30's but the G12T-75w are great. They are not as mid-range centered as the V30's.
Great low and crisp high end. I had to EQ the Mark IIC+ a bit to take the high end out but as in push in the Ld Master and Vol 1 Bright.
This speaker give you a much wider frequency respond to work with.
This is a cabinet where the bright mod is a welcome addition.

I've been wanting to do this forever, so you'd recommend it? Did you use all 16 ohm speakers and stick with the same Marshall wiring configuration?

I called boogie up from denmark just to be 100% , the answer was very clear alwasy use the boogies 4 ohm out to the 4 ohm out of the 1960 speaker´no buts or maybe .

And it sounds just awsome, the are less thunderish then the boogie retifier, the have almost the same bass but is more tight, , but less tight then stilettio 240 watt cabs with the chiness vintage drivers.

I dont know if there is a difference betwen 1 stock 1960 where you have installed v30`s or a orgginal 1960 BV(or av) but to my ears the BV´s where the better speakers hans down.

But again we all cant have the same taste in sound (or woman) :D

They all all 16ohm I rewired the cabinet with 18 gauge wire instead of the Marshall 24 gauge telephone wire. I cannot believe they use such thin speaker wire. I hardwired the cabinet to 16ohm (series/parallel). I used a Switchcraft 1/4 jack.
I tried it with all v30's and all 75's. They sounded ok, but together they sound great. It really makes up for what the other speaker is lacking.
I plug it into the 8 ohm jack on the amp.

#2121313 said:
cremona said:

Actually Zakk uses EVM12L's, one interesting thing is, he sets up the 1960A & 1960B's on stage for show but only actually plays thru the B's for the added low end - from what I've read...

Thats right :) i must have confused him with somone else, hmm but i do know that some of the marshall jcm 800 cabs had both vintage 30`s and different drivers in them.

Back