parallel fx loop on rectifier, use TC Hall Of Fame pedal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle

Reaction score
Getting a DUAL or Somehting soon...

on the parallel fx loop on rectifier, can I use TC Hall Of Fame pedal?

Thanks

Sparkle said:
Getting a DUAL or Somehting soon...

on the parallel fx loop on rectifier, can I use TC Hall Of Fame pedal?

Thanks

Yes, reverb and delay should be ok. It's effects like tremolo that won't sound correct, effects where you want the entire signal to be wet.

Regular delay pedals in the style of the boss dd3 will sounds rare in the parallel loop because of the feedback, you need a "kill dry signal" option in the delay unit, and normally only rack effects come with this feature... However there is a pedal with this option, the tc electronics nova repeater, at least is the unique I found when I searched two years ago.

The TC Flashback does also...

jjruiz said:
Regular delay pedals in the style of the boss dd3 will sounds rare in the parallel loop because of the feedback, you need a "kill dry signal" option in the delay unit, and normally only rack effects come with this feature... However there is a pedal with this option, the tc electronics nova repeater, at least is the unique I found when I searched two years ago.

I'm not sure what the problem is. A mixing board fx loop is parallel (unless you are using the insert, which is not common for verb or delay), the loop on a dual is the same. Dual Rec's have a loop mix knob to set the wet/dry mix.

As a follow up to this - can you use a harmonizer on a older Recifiter such as a Eventide Pitchfactor? I understand this pedal can't be in front of the amp because the harmonied note gets distorted and sounds weird. I experminted with one of these pedals a while back but I couldn't get it to work right. Hopefully was just user error.

Latest posts

Back