OVERSIZE Recto 4X12 CAB?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fret-Shredder

Reaction score
I have a Mesa 4X12 Slant STANDARD RECTIFIER CAB. How can you tell if its an OVERSIZED cab. Or are they all considered OVERSIZED. The model # is 4X12 4FB. I checked the Boogie web site but there is nothing that describes OVERSIZED cabs???? thanks

Elpelotero said:
what are the dimensions?
Does it say "Standard" anywhere on the cab?

The sticker says 4X12 RECTIFIER STANDARD. But I have seen people selling STANDARD OVERSIZE CABS??? I have a feeling that all the new RECTIFIER CABS are considered OVERSIZE. Correct me if I am wrong. I will call Mesa Monday to confirm.

you have the oversized cabinet. The standard is the oversized, where the traditional is the normal size. And if memory serves me correctly, the 4FB is the oversized.

Thanks guys for clearing that up.Oversize Recto 4X12 sounds killer with my TRIAXIS / 2:90. Casters off (no wheels) cabinet on floor :D Looking forward to hearing it paired with my SINGLE RECTIFIER with the VOODOO AMPS Standard MOD , it arrives THURSDAY :shock:

digi said:
Your right, all new Recto cabs are over sized. I have a Recto Traditional 4x12 cab now called the Stiletto Traditional 4x12 cab.

Here's Mesa's link to their cab's...

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/GuitarCabinets.html

Same here, when i bought my 4X12 cab it was called traditional . It is now called a Stiletto 4X12 . Basically the same as an old Marshall 4X12 . The rectifier series are the oversized ones . Its all in the catalogs and web page .

Latest posts

Back