Overdrive infront of dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Coo1

Reaction score
alright so i have a 97 2 channel dual and i recently built a ts808 clone from build your own clone. i have heard great thaings about running an overdrive infront of a recto, but im just not getting much more than loads of feedback. i tried just using it as a clean boost (drive = 0 level = 10) and it doesnt change the volume at all on channel 2. i thought it would work like a lead boost. i have tried using it with the amp's gain around 2 which sounds pretty good, but no better than just turning up the amp's gain. i just wanted to know what your recommendations are. thanks

Try this:

Volume at noon, drive at 9oclock, tone to taste.. typically noon or slightly more since I like the sizzle.

Also, lower your gain on the amp.

With a 2 chan dual rec, I'd not even use an OD but I know it sounds badass for leads so try those settings.

bb_new.jpg

The BB Preamp offers awide variety of sounds. It's capable of a 30dB+ clean boost with an adjustable ±15dB two band active EQ which adds a wide range of harmonic content to your ideal sound.
The BB also utilizes a pre-gain stage which allows the Pedal to go from a very pristine clean to a very smooth,compressed, overdriven sound.
True bypass for eliminating any signal interference when switched off.
Can be used with AC adaptor (optional) or 9V Battery.

This thing is amazing. Better than my old Klon, 808, Modified TS-9, Boss DS-1 etc. I can kick it in on the Recto and it tightens the whole amp up with even just 60% of clean boost and the overdrive at zero. With the over drive it can make a clean amp shred. Mine is the Limited Copper, so for the extra money I think it has more Mojo than the Orange ones. :shock:

No volume drop when you kick it in either. It like a glass pedal it's so transparent.

I use the Keeley Modded 4X2 Flexi TS-9DX for this effect.

Imagine making a Recto sound bigger?? Yep - it's possible!

The sound is HUGE!

thanks guys
playpus - that got me headed in the right direction, the leads sound much smoother/creamier i guess you would say. thanks again

Commander Coo1 said:
thanks guys
playpus - that got me headed in the right direction, the leads sound much smoother/creamier i guess you would say. thanks again

No problem.. now that you're in the ballpark, try playing with the tone knob on the TS.. and also with your presence/treble/gain controls on your amp.. those are going to control the most in my experience in effecting the tone using the TS.

8)

I'm having great luck with a TS9 in front my Recto. The key for me is to turn the gain down on the amp, just to the point where it's not quite enough gain (around 1:30), and then the Tube Screamer pushes it over the top and sizzles.

Back