Output volume control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mork

Reaction score
I think I'm going mad... I noticed that even with the output volume off there is still sound coming out of the amp? (I expected no sound) If I turn the output volume up it does get louder as expected. Is this normal? am I missing something? (I have the loop engaged and the loop send level at unity gain).

sounds reasonable. maybe the ground on that pot came undone if its an appreciable amount

Well I haven't used the amp since the original post, but last night I plugged in, no sound out the amp, turned up the output volume there was the sound! The only difference is last time I didn't have a stereo (TRS) cable in the footswitch jack, just mono. Go figure.

jaquetapus said:
That probably had the solo boost engaged then, resulting in more volume.

Exactly! Since the (now non-existing) ring was automatically shorted to ground/sleeve (since the sleeve was now also occupying the same space for the intended ring-contact point). Which also tells us that the tip is used for channel switching, and the ring for solo on/off.
:D

Yes it makes sense, but even with the solo engaged I'd have expected the output volume control to totally kill all output. I'll have a little experiment with it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back