out put control and fx loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metal_man12

Reaction score
hey ive gotta question for fellow dual rec 3 channel users, is your output control unresponsive when your on fx loop bypass? Because mine is... when ever i switch it to bypass the amp gets real loud, and i can only control volume on the individual channels master volumes. any idea wats up? is this how its supposed to be?

This is by design and normal!

It even says below it that solo/output controls will be disabled when the loop is bypassed I believe.

When the loop is bypassed, the channel master volumes take on the role of controlling volume (as well as pre/post amp distortion mixing). When the loop is active, the master output control becomes active and the governing source over the volume... I recommend the latter as it works as sort of a built in attenuator of sorts.

The loop and it's circuitry are able to be "hard bypassed", which is what you experienced! This, the manual states, is for the "purists"! (Myself being one!) :roll: If one does not employ effects, I recommend bypassing the loop for better tone! :wink:

jbird said:
The loop and it's circuitry are able to be "hard bypassed", which is what you experienced! This, the manual states, is for the "purists"! (Myself being one!) :roll: If one does not employ effects, I recommend bypassing the loop for better tone! :wink:

True :(

I use a lot of time based effects and I need my FX loop simply for versatility.. if I was recording I'd bypass it for sure.

Latest posts

Back