Ouch! Someone make me feel better....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawoodsman

Reaction score
Sent off a 2b for the loop mod--not cheap at $300. but knew that going in, and willing to take the plunge as I like to use a few pedals and would love better capability through the loop--and understand the sound can be greatly improved in the deal as well.

Was told to count on another charge for going through the amp. Got a call on the price of that, including shipping--I am sure that's what I was told--of around 275. Then after I give them the card number, a call back leaving a message saying sorry we didn't include shipping, which runs another 40 some bucks. I think they charged my card already. New tubes with some new pre-amp tubes included in the deal too, so the price includes some spendy parts at least. I should probably have asked for an itemized list.

Already in hot water with the wife, I may lose any ability I have to question her "must have" expenses now. :D

I forget what I paid for this thing new, bought it quite a few years ago without really knowing what I was getting into but really liked it--not that that was hard to do, as I moved up from a peavey solid state as I recall.

Sure hope I'm blown away by the change!

Let us know how it works out. I have considered modding my 2B as well, but I love the clean sound and don't want to mess with that... and the price has scared me off too.

Now today I don't know if I can get ahold of them. Did leave a message,but from their voicemail it sounds like they only deal with customers Monday thru Thursday? Anyone know if that is true?

They are closed on Fridays. Sometimes Rich is there, but he said he would be off today.......
My Purple Mark III is ready to be picked up, $275 for R2 mod, minor repairs, and basic R&R on a Nearly 30 year old amp......So Yeah, with a loop job and shipping yours may get pricey.

I have heard that the effects loop mod is great and I've been tempted to do it but the tone I get with my studio pre-amp going through the front end of my Mark llB is phenomenal. I've never played a modded llB or C+, heck I've never played any other boogie than my own other than checking them out at Guitar Center, but the sound I get with the llB and S.P. is freaky great, so no mod yet, but I'll keep an eye out for details. Using the S.P. with the llB makes the llB a new animal, it sounds completely different, so much so I won't play a gig or even practice without it.

Markedman, do you run the output of the Studio preamp into the input of the Mark IIB or the effects return? Have you tried both? How do they compare?

I do run the the pre-amp line level from the send into the input on the Mark llB and I have tried running from the S.P. effects send to the return on the llB also, both line and low level. Although both ways allow me to use both the Mark ll and S.P. EQ's I've found having the extra gain stages gives me more usable gain and controllable feedback before distortion at low volume levels. I use this set-up with my 3 piece classic rock band, Jimi Hendrix style rock, and the bassist and drummer are always telling me to turn down, (combined age: 118) so I wanted something gave me full tone at a low level without a dump. Last week I substituted my Mark lll for my Mark ll because I put new tubes in the lll and wanted to test it out and I was surprised at how much better I like the llB with the S.P. than the lll for Hendrixy tone. I would have to try a loop modified llB before I could justify sending it out to Mike. I will purchase a C+ in the near future, heck I bought a mesa a month since December, sold the 22+ and DC-5 for good profits and I recently picked up more gear (not just musical gear) that I'll sell on eBay to pay for a C+this fall, that should give me an idea of how close I am to a C+ with the llB and S.P. I won't sell the Mesas I have now because they all see the stage and there is no way I'd ever not want to play them all from time to time. This weekend I'll be playing with a phenomenal guitarist, Chris Dixon from Massachusetts, and I'm setting up my llB, lll, lV and S.P. for a shoot-out/Jam and then we're going to see Eric Johnson and Mike Stern at Infinity Theatre in Norfolk, CT, my hometown. I can't wait, we're also trying a new singer who sang for "Toad the wet sprocket". http://www.flickr.com/photos/100168049@N04/9492388652/in/photostream/

Latest posts

Back