Ordering an Express tommorrow (please cross your fingers)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postmanpat

Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm putting 10% down on a new express 5:50 2x12 combo tommorrow!
Australia is getting a very very limited amount of the new express line, to begin with. Which is to be expected as they have just been released,

i rang my local music shop, and first found out that the express i wanted would be cheaper than i thought (roughly $3,500), the F-100 combo is still selling at gasp $3,995, so getting an express for 3.5k is very good news to me,

the one problem is that because australia is getting a limited amount of express amps in, there's isn't a 100% chance that i'll get one from the first shipment (which hits AUS, at the end of march), however if i pay 10% it gives me that little nudge over another store which has no money down for one,

i'm thinking the next shipment will be a few months away, which is fine but i've been without an amp for two months now and it's killing me :shock:

so, the real point of this thread was to ask everyone to please cross your fingers, and i promise that if i get it at the end of march, i will post many many many pictures and soundclips,

sincerally pat,

oh i forgot to say,

this is the only time i will ever put money down on something without playing it, the only reason i'm doing so is to hopefully score myself one,

i loved my old marshall, but hated the marshall cleans, i love my fender cleans and breakup (blues junior) but hate the ice pick highs,

so with that information being said i think there's a good chance i'll fall in love with the express (also in this price range, it's either this amp, a jsx combo or an orange - and nothing rocks like a mesa!)

sincerally again, pat

will take about a month, but i'll post some clips, of as many styles of music that i can think of, testing out most possible settings and if you want to hear a particular setting i'd be happy to try it out for you,

pat

glad to hear someone so exited about the 5:50. I was in the same boat as you waiting for the 5:50. I had purchased the f50 at my local guitar center in theChicago area and days after I found out that they are discontinuing the f50 for the new 5:50, so after reading about the 5:50 I had to have it. I promptly returned the f50 placed the order for the 5:50 and paid in full, also without ever trying it. The sales guy said because it was a special order(nothing special about the order other than it was for me) I should have it in about a week. Well a week went by and heard nothing so I called GC to find out anything and the guy looks into his computer and says,,,ya we did place the special order and the arrival date for your amp is APRIL 30TH. I couldnt believe this mainly because I have never delt with Mesa Boogie before so I called MB and obviously they couldnt tell me when the amp was coming my way. He only said that MB builds their amps in batches so it very well could be that long of a wait. I spoke to the GC people again and they tell me that 2 1/2 months is nothing that they have seen up to 8 months for past special orders. I dont mean to rain on your parade at all but I thought Id share what little I know about wait times on these amps. Hopefully you do get your hands on one of the first shipped. I wasnt lucky enough and guitar center never recieved a single express to date.. Nobody there seems to have a clue when either?? good luck and Ill be waiting for some of your sound clips!

postmanpat said:
will take about a month, but i'll post some clips, of as many styles of music that i can think of, testing out most possible settings and if you want to hear a particular setting i'd be happy to try it out for you,

pat
that's a great thing to hear, there's the forum's essence in your sentence. Good luck!

The wait was long for a number of guys who bought an RK. Some of those guys were thinking that they were getting RK1's and found out that they were getting RK2's.

At least one advantage with the Express series is that they were in production, when they were announced. So, hopefully, they will be available as promised.

I still like the 5:50 after trying it and loved the tones. Once you find your tones, and after the speaker sweetens up after break in, it'll be a great amp.

recto-robbie said:
APRIL 30TH.

ouch i'm sorry to hear that mate, although at least you have a date to count down to, not just a rough estimate,

the one thing that i have going for me is that fact that my store is the only store in my state that gets mesa boogie amps, and only one of four shops in the entire country!

when i went in yesterday they had all the modern mesa boogies, i played through the f 30 combo and the f 50 combo, very nice amps, the big thing to think about is whether or not i need the recto like distortion, and also how heavy the express can get,

i love the idea of playing in class A, tube driven reverb, contour on each channel, finally owning a 2x12 combo, having reverb foot switchable,

at the moment the f50 to me has brilliant distortion so we will we how the 5:50 matches up, the only bad thing i can think about the express is the website page "So step on up. The Express Line to Tone is now Arriving!"
....horrible

oh i have to clarify, i'm not making a special order just yet,
bascally australia is being sent a limited supply of the new line, so i'm think 3-4 of each type of express (combo, head etc),

i'm putting money down so that when the amps reach australia, they send one out to my store because it's already being paid off,

so not quite a special order yet, although if i don't get one, i'll make a special order and have a feeling i'd wait 4-6months,

pat

Back