ordered mesa! hate krank!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
i had my krank revolution plus for about some time now. i didn't i like the tone at first(at gc) but i thought i could have gotten a better tone at home so i bought it. first, one of my tubes don't light up and if it wasnt for my fx, prs custom 24 & 2 modern eagles my krank would sound like crap. i loved the mesa boogie dual rect i played at guitar center but i was honestly scared of it because it had too many knobs. then a month ago i decided i should get a mesa dual rect but i was in denial and told myself ill stay with krank because of all the artist it has. then last week i had it, i picked up the phone and called mesa and ordered custom roadster head with custom roadster cab. sadly i have to wait 4 months for it to be built!(never played roadster btw) please justify my decision(ps i
already know krank sucks compared to mesa but i wanna hear it from other mesa fans). i have the cash for engl, diezel, mesa roadking, but i knew i didnt need to change cabs or use certain tubes so i didnt need a rk so i got the roadster!

honestly i believe it comes down to playing as many amps as you can find, and buy the one that fits you best. The Roadster is a killer amp and IMO will slay your Krank in terms of tone and felxibility (but then again im biased because i own one :wink: ).

i know your here for assurance, but the real truth will be in playing the amp. if you have the moeny it might be worth it in the mean time to go out and play deizels, bogners, engls, vhts, etc., because in the end you may find that their amps fit you. dont get me wrong mesa is just as good in terms of tone and quality (if not better) but every amp sounds different. when your spending that much $$$ i think its important not to be to hastey.

btw what did you get customized on the roadster?

Latest posts

Back