Orange Rockerverb 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humbility

Reaction score
anyone ever played one? I played one at my fave shop in town, and **** this thing SINGS. Beautiful sounding amp. Sounds GREAT a low volumes, cranked, whatever. Overdrives really nice and has a really great crunch. If you can, anyone, go try one. You won't be sorry.

Hum

I think they used one on the last Stone Sour record. I saw them last night and James had four Orange 4X12 cabinets. I'm not sure if he was using his Rivera or Bogner or whatever, but he nailed the tones that are on their record.
I would certainly like to try a Rockerverb for my next amp, along with a Bogner Uberschall, Rivera Knucklehead, and an ENGL Powerball.

I love my Orange Rocker 30. It doesn't get much use as of late because of the Stiletto .. but it's a sweet amp. The rocker series can get some awesome tones.

I had the opportunity to try one out and I am in tone heaven ! I am looking to trade a Mark IV wide body head for one in this forum ! Contact me at [email protected] if anybody wants to trade maybe !

I walked into my local shop the other day and heard amazing tones coming from some guy in the back of the store playing a LP Std... really warm cleans, followed by singing high gain leads. He backed off the gain and had amazing crunch tones. Sounded like what I have been hearing in my head lately. I made my way back there because I couldn't see what he was plugged into - it turned out to be a Rockerverb 50 combo. I was floored. I am heading back this weekend to play it. I kind of also wanted to try out the RV100 head, but don't believe they have one.

My Dual hasn't been making me happy and I'm susceptible to gas. :?

Since I got my first Boogie in '90, I have NEVER thought of jumping ship, until recently. What the hell is wrong with me?!

The Rocketverb 50 is a monster of an amp. I like the sound of those 6V6's. I don't think I'd trade a DR for one but it's a nice amp.

Guitarzan said:
The Rocketverb 50 is a monster of an amp. I like the sound of those 6V6's. I don't think I'd trade a DR for one but it's a nice amp.

I hear ya, Guitarzan! I played the Rockerverb combo today at lunch... going tomorrow with my axe to check it out again. Pretty sure I want a head and cab set up, though.

Concerning the Mesa, I think I am just in a different place than I was 6 years ago and my DR isn't giving me what I want. I dunno what I will end up doing.

I find my DR to be very versitle and is, to me, indispensible. Either way you go you'll have a great amp. I have a JCM 2K DSL 50W that I go to when I get that "I need something different" mood... I keep coming back to my DR's. I will say that I've been impressed with the new Zinky stuff. Especially the 50W Blue Velvet.

I had a chance to play the Rockerverb 100 head today through a Mesa Trad 4x12 and I believe something was wrong with it. A/B'ed with the RV50 combo sitting next to it, it had half as much available gain at any given setting! That doesn't make any sense, does it? Granted, they have different power ratings and different power tubes but, from what I have read online, are supposed to sound pretty similar.

Anybody here have any experience with these amps? I have some specific questions to ask and HCAF has been rather unfriendly.

I played the rockerverbs (all of them, a 100w head through the 4x12, the 50 combo, and the 30 combo) about a year and a half ago. in my opinion, the 50 was by far the best out of all of them. singing mids and highs, tight, yet deep bass, and a ton of touch sensitivity for how much gain the thing has. the 30 was a little bright for me, but I expected that with the el84s (I HATE 84s), the 100 was **** good. but just didnt sing like the 50. I am figuring it was cause of the power tubes. I'd really like to hear the 100 with 6v6's. those tubes are freakin awesome.

Thanks, Schmoog, for the input. I've spent quite a bit of time with the RV50 combo and LOVE it! Those 6V6s really sing and it has a ton of versatility for such a simplistic layout.

My only concern is whether there is going to be enough headroom for band situations, particularly in the clean channel. I have NEVER needed the full potential of my 100W 2ch DR and I have read posts on this forum that 50W should be enough for anything save arenas and outdoor affairs. Other than that, it comes down to combo vs. head and cab. I haven't been able to play the head version. Should be the same tone for the most part, yes?!

Can heavy tones be achieved with the rockerverb heads?! I play a lot of hardcore/post hardcore (think The Bled, Glassjaw, Thursday, Underoath, Botch...) and I'm wondering if it could get as heavy tones as those bands do. Cheers.

Botch said:
Can heavy tones be achieved with the rockerverb heads?! I play a lot of hardcore/post hardcore (think The Bled, Glassjaw, Thursday, Underoath, Botch...) and I'm wondering if it could get as heavy tones as those bands do. Cheers.

Oh Dude, yeah... very versatile amp!

Latest posts

Back