Opinions on the 1x12 Widebody Closed Back with Mark V Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstercastle

Reaction score
So I just bought the Mark V head last week after a year long honeymoon with the V:25. Little Mark has been moved to the recording desk for the most part. I'm currently running the Mark V into my Mesa traditional recto angled cab with the V30's. I'm seriously considering ordering the closed back widebody 112 with the C90 speaker and wanted to get your opinions.

The thinking is two fold; 1) smaller cab is easier to move around in my studio space (my home office), and 2) I think the mid focus of the V30's combined with the mid focus of the Mark is a bit much for me. May be great for cutting through in a band setting, but I'm just jamming at home and writing music these days, so that's not really a factor for me. My theory is that the more relaxed mids of the c90 would be the ticket, but my only concern is that the single 12 may not be as thick as what I'm used to with the 412. But I hear that the widebody cabs do bring the thump, so there's that. I also think that at the volumes I'm playing at a single 12 would get worked more than the quad are currently.

Suggestions? Your experiences?

Thanks!

I've been switching it up lately and using a pair of 1x12s (open back on top of the front ported). I like the pairing as the ported provides the thump while the open back is less directional and spreads the sound around better.

The ported cab is fine on its own, just a little directional.

Back