Opinions of Powerhouse 1000 and what's a good price for one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rectified in 95

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had a couple questions for everyone using, or are at least more familiar with the Mesa bass equipment than I am. I play guitar so I'm more in tune with Mesa's guitar equipment.

I may have stumbled into a good buy on a Mesa Powerhouse 1000 cabinet. I was wondering what a good price on a Powerhouse 1000 would be? I haven't seen too many come through on Ebay so I wasn't sure how well they hold their values as compared to say a Mesa Dual/Triple Rec, or Mark IV, etc. I'm more familiar with the guitar side of Mesa than the bass.

My first thoughts were to pick it up and try to resell it to make a few bucks. Then I started thinking how awesome this thing must sound... -even though I don't own a bass head to power it. I'm fairly certain it's a safe purchase that I can at least get my money back out of it. But I figured I should ask the guys who know more about these Powerhouse 1000's before I do anything.

I have heard guys using Mesa bass set-ups before and I always though they sounded good. But it's been a while since I've seen anyone locally using them. It doesn't seem like they're quite as popular with their bass amplifiers/cabs as they are for guitar. But then again, I don't play bass so perhaps there's something more sought after with other companie's bass equipment.

Well, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back