Opinions:Mark IV vs. Rivera Quianna Venus 6?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Looking for people's opinions regarding the Mark IV compared with a Rivera Quianna and/or the new Venus 6, aside from the Mark IV's higher wattage.

I'm just trying get make sure that I'm not catching GAS or "the grass is greener disease". Thanks! :?

Matt

mdortona said:
Hi Everyone!

Looking for people's opinions regarding the Mark IV compared with a Rivera Quianna and/or the new Venus 6, aside from the Mark IV's higher wattage.

I'm just trying get make sure that I'm not catching GAS or "the grass is greener disease". Thanks! :?

Matt

To me mesa and rivera are in a different league..

Just my opinion, but, the Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+, Mark III, and Mark IV are in a class far and above anything by Rivera. I've played a Mesa Mark IV up against a Rivera Knucklehead, (which I consider Rivera's high gain model), and the Mark IV just wiped it out. Far more sustain. A much smoother type of gain. More articulation. A more Harmonically rich tone. A better palette of overtones.

I own a Mark III and have worshipped at the altar of the Mark IIC+ for many years. The Mark IV, for me, is my least favorite of the three, (although it's still a fantastic amp), and the Mark IV kills the Rivera Knucklehead.

The music shop i sometimes work for have one of the largest range of Rivera in Aust.. We have every model apart from the knuckle head, the mesa's kill the rivera's in Tone, gain,volume,tightness and clarity... any volume any time.. no competition..

Latest posts

Back