Only far left 6l6 tube slot blows fuse

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pivot

Reaction score
I have noticed the past couple of days a loss of gain and volume, during practice tonight the fuse blew. I checked all of the 12ax7's and the rectifier tube. Im running in 90watt mode all channels and using Mesa tubes. I pulled the 2 outer 6l6 tubes and I was able to power on the amp and put off standby for a second with no problems. I then put the 2 outter tubes in and the fuse blew. I tried 2 new tubes in the outer slots and the fuse blew. I tried one 6l6 in the right outer tube slot and no tubes in the far left slot and the amp powered on. When I put a new tube in the far left tube slot the fuse blows.
Any suggestions I practice 4 nights a week and we have some gigs coming up need to figure out if this is something I can fix, hire a local guy to work on (Takes 3 weeks) or send into mesa for warranty service

Sounds like you have something shorting on the tube socket. It could be as simple as a carbon deposit from a previously shorted tube, or it could be a component thats been taken out from a previously shorted tube. Either way, its best seen by a technician before further damage is done. Thanks!

I'll admit. User Error. Should have looked closer at the schematics but was running short on time. I put the rectifier tube in the 6l6 slot :-( Live and learn

Takes a big man to admit an error like that! On the bright side you don't have to wait X amount of days/weeks to get a qualified tech to look at it. Now you just have to worry about rockin' it!! :D

Back