One more question about My Dual Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCwanabe

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions, but i am still getting used to the amp.

I've noticed that somtimes when i turn the amp on (just the power, not the standby) i can hear a electric zapping noise. It only does this once in a while. should i be worried?

has anyone else noticed this about there mesa? Is it normal?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, ive only noticed the noise when it is on the spongy setting w/ the tube rectifier selected.

Thanks For the help!
Russ

Edit: Also, ive only noticed the noise when it is on the spongy setting w/ the tube rectifier selected.

Thanks For the help!
Russ

I'd get that same "zzzt" sound too until I removed the Phaser and Wah I had running in front of the amp (Dual Rec).

So if you're running pedals in front, try going directly into the head and see if you still have the same issue.

If it's a static pop, that is normal, and the reason why the amp starts as a default in the second channel, from what I understand from the forum. Mine did it, now it doesnt, it will probably start again, but it hasnt hurt the amp so far, and I doubt it will

well its more like a buzzing noise. Also, when it makes the noise the 3 different channel lights on the amp flicker. I think this may be from the charge built up in the amp from putting it on stand by.

Anyway, i hope it isnt bad... i think i am just being paraniod since my amp had a bad preamp tube in it from the get-go.

Anywho, everyone on this forum is very helpful and nice...

Thanks!

For the record (but off the record): Something Mesa didnt tell us about out Rectifiers when we bought them is that it also has a bug light feature in the rear of the amp in the section where the tubes are @. The "ZZZZZAP" sound that you are hearing is some poor little bug that happened to be in the wrong place @ the wrong time... Sometimes there is a bug zaping into it and sometimes there isnt. This is an inside secret of Mesa's. They secretly Hate Bugs! Please help me to keep this quiet--I dont want a member of the Mesa Mofia to hunt me down with a machetti or something and cut my toungue off...! :cry:

I'd bet it would'nt be there if the amp was in the Bold Variac setting instead of Spongy! It's the sound of "browning out" your power section!

Latest posts

Back