• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Old stock 12ax7 tubes for sale.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codasound

Reaction score
Hey dudes

I am going to part with some old stock tubes that Ive had lying around for a bit. I know there is some tube nuts on this board, and the information Ive learned from this board has been a huge help for me and my Boogies. These are not "new old stock" 12ax7s. And I don't have a way to test these in order to get all of the numbers and ratings. But I do know that they all work, sound really good, and do not have any volume loss, crackling, wailing, or screeching. In other words, to my ears, in my C+ and IV, they sound, function, and work just as any brand new modern made preamp tube should. Because they aren't brand new, and many of them don't have matching brand boxes, Im selling them each for $40. So heres the story

My band and I were in Nashville about a month and a half ago. We went to the American Pickers store, which is where they sell a bunch of there junk that they drive around buying. While in there, I saw a sign that read "Electron tubes". I dove in and only found one 12ax7, it was a Sylvania. So then we started thinking lets see if we can hit up some antique stores and dig up some more. Long story short, one dude says try this guy, then that dude says no go try this guy, and so on and on for about 4 stores. The last dude we went to was a vcr and tv repairman. He also fixed and sold record players. And this dude had an entire room full of any type of tube you could think of, and literally shoe boxes full of 12ax7s. He said when he repairs things for people, he always tells them he is gonna change the tube out and he sticks in whatever new production tube he buys. But this dude is kinda of a hoarder and just decided to keep all of the old ones! He doesn't know much about them and tells me he thinks they might be worth something but he wasn't gonna fool with ebay and try to sell them. He tells me to make him a fair offer for however many I wanted! So all of the big names that I read about on here this dude had! Mullards Telefunken Amperex ect!

Sorry to be so long winded, but I wanted you guys to hear the origin of where I got these. $40 is what I have in them, and thats what Im asking. PM me if interested, I can definitely send more detailed pics. Also paypal works great. Thanks guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pdcx3sw2s20bb7h/AADEdWac2jHOo9HHt-JaCACka

Latest posts

Back