Ok, It's official. I'm back in the mesa (rectifier) family.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
Picked up the rectoverb I mentioned in a couple of threads. The guy I bought it from had a gorgeous les paul custom that I got to use to try out the channels.

unexpected win: dude threw in the flight case for free. I didn't notice it in the room. As I was on my way out he said 'oh..hey man did you want the case for it?'. Pretty cool, never had a case for a head before. 8)

np1egz.jpg

i took it to my associate, nick's house last night. he's never seen a boogie in person so he was dying to check it out. No cab yet, so we just sat around shooting the **** and admiring it

35l7t4g.jpg

Which cab do you think you're going to get? For big gigs, I'd use a Stiletto 4 x 12 but I think a 2 x 12 will get anyone by for almost anything. 50watts is definitely more than enough power so you're probably covered in that department!

I'm debating b/t the 1x2 and the 2x12. I definitely don't need a full 4x12 cab these days.

I will be playing 50/50 at home, and with a drummer at another spot. I'm not in a full band anymore, I just jam w/ my buddy that plays drums.

2x12 will probably better for the extra 'thump' eh?

on edit - i guess it's time to update my sig lol. pretty sad that ALL of those are gone :\

yeah I def want a horizontal cab. I know the road king cabs are smaller, but what's the difference in sound?

Road King has one half with a fully closed back, and the other half with a partial open back. There's a V30 in the closed back portion and a C90 in the open back portion. The different speakers and enclosure types in the same cabinet gives a different sound.

Nice score man. Those Rectoverbs are great. Looks awesome!

I just got a RK 2x12. I love it. Sounds a little different than a regular Horizontal 2x12. Here is the back. The front is the the same as a regular Recto 2x12. (Mine is white though, standard is black). The open back and different speakers produce a little different midrange sound and a little less high end than the regular 2x12, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Sounds less brash.
IMAG3896.jpg

Here is a demo video that Haggerty's Music did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnJGAEyodHE

-AJH

Back