Ohms ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telemaster

Reaction score
I am placing my order with Mesa this week for a 2 x 12 Lonestar extension cab to use with my Lonestar 2 x 12 combo and have come to the Ohms crossroads. The back of my amp has 3 speaker outs...the 8ohm out is connected to the speaker lead that feeds the two speakers in the amp chassis. The other 2 are both 4 ohm outs. I was under the impression that an extension cab would be configured as an 8ohm cab. So here's my quandry: If I want to utilize both the combo's internal speakers and the extension cab's two 12's what would be the best way to do that with the 8/4 ohm outs I have on the amp? Do I change the current 8 ohm speaker out to a 4 ohm out and then use the other 4 ohm out for the extension cab and have Mesa configure the cab for 4ohms?

Using the 4 ohm outs on two 8 ohm cabs is a perfect match, because your now down to 4 ohms using to 8 ohm cabs. Also, the manual covers many different hook up diagrams.

plan-x said:
Using the 4 ohm outs on two 8 ohm cabs is a perfect match, because your now down to 4 ohms using to 8 ohm cabs. Also, the manual covers many different hook up diagrams.

Correct. I've ran a 1x12 ROV combo w/ a Rectifer 2x12 and TOV 2x12 Combo w/ a Rectifier 2x12. Your good with the LS + Extension cab out of the 4ohm jacks. Crank up and stand back!

Cool.....

later that same day.......

done deal

"the waiting is the hardest part"

Latest posts

Back