Ohms/Cab Question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a .50 Caliber + amp that has 2 X 4 Ohm jacks and 1 X 8 Ohm jack on the rear panel. I have been looking at a Marshall 1960 B cab and I want to know if they will be compatible.

The cab options: ".... is switchable between Mono (4 or 16 Ohms) and Stereo (8 Ohms per side). The two Mono impedance options provide extra amp matching capability while the cabinets' stereo capability makes them ideal for rack systems which typically run in stereo"

Ideally I'd like to be able to plug my cab at 8ohms going into my amp's 4 ohms jack or 8 ohm cab and 8 ohm amp- if that makes sense.

Does anyone know if can be done with the amp and cab mentioned above?

Thanks.

You can use that cab with a number of options.If you use two speaker cables,use the 2 4ohm outs from your amp to the 2 8ohm stereo jacks in the speaker cab,that will be an impedance "match".You can also use one cable and connect one of the 4ohm outs to the 4 ohm option on your cab,this is also a "match".You can also use one cable and connect the 8ohm out to the 16ohm jack on the cab.This would be considered an impedance "mismatch",but is safe,may alter the tone slightly.You can also connect the 8ohm out to one of the 8ohm stereo connections on the cab and use just two of the speakers in the cab,just be sure the speakers power rating is enough with just 2 speakers.

Just keep in mind also to not plug in a cabinet of lesser ohm rating than the jack you are plugging it in to. You can always go the other way though.

Latest posts

Back