OH NO! Sold my Mark IV...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
And bought a Short head :p

I wanted to rack mount this thing for so long and finally found someone to SWAP their short combo with my Med head. I'm really happy now so WOO!

On a VERY awesome note... My serial number was IV2180.. Usa. His was IV2182 but an Aussie model. What are the chances of that? Pretty **** exciting for me anyway lol!

I know of one issue with this amp though, on the lead channel on FULL power only, after some time of playing, I get a weird fluttering sound even with the guitar vol down. On the other channels it doesn't do it???

Any ideas. I'm getting it serviced soon, but wouldn't mind my worries being put to rest.

Cheers,
Chris

Cool, hopefully nothing major then!

I'm about to retube also. I've run JJ's in my Mark IV for a while but I feel they constrict the amp a bit and darken it a little too much!

Any suggestions for tubes guys? I've heard good things about Groove Tubes!

~Chris

Yeah, I got to hear them in first person today... Impressed to say the least!!!

Pre amp suggestions then?

Mesa/Hollywood is retubing my amp since it's in for maintenance. The new preamp tubes re coming from the JJ factory, so I hope theu don't sound like the JJ ECC83S's that I've heard in the past. I hate their preamp tubes with a passion.

So here's a quick clip of my new Jackson with the new Mark IV.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/Sls3Test.mp3

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Chris,

I've seen you around mostly here, sometimes on Melband - Is that your snakeskin Mark IV on Aus eBay? I thought I recognised it as yours, and now I see this post!

chris.

Ahh cool as man!
Yeh, it's mine, I traded with Seb for the shorthead combo! Which i am putting in my rack. The snakeskin head was too wide :(

haha!

For some reason, I don't know why, but I actually LOVE the stock Mesa tubes (preamp and power amp). I have never had an issue with them at all. I have heard several Marks that had just about every "vintage" tube in them, some of which are regarded as the "greatest replacement tubes ever", but I still prefer the stock Mesa 6L6GCs.

Everyone has their own opinion, and this is mine. :D

Back