OH MY!!! :-O

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
Where is the chrome chassis?????

That's what I was wondering as well. Could it have been custom ordered? It's a dual and not a Triple, would that have something to do with it?
Just thoughts...:roll:

-AJH

i hav never heard about steve vai using recto's...i like he used a mk series early on.. it looks pretty new to be a 91 and the black face.hmmm

Good call BoogieBabys......thats what I like about this forum. You spoke up to make sure no one gets con'd or screwed.
Hats off brudda !

the cole bottles are the rectifier tubes...they're still available to order on the mesa site. they're said to sound tighter.

Wow, that's in real nice condition. I wish my R0050 was in such good condition. Also, I just noticed even the really early rectifiers have a that leather look to them whereas my R0050 looks more like tolex. Hmmm. :? For those who are interested, here it is (sorry about the poor picture) :

DSC00250-1.jpg

Also, a friend/sales person that sold me my amp told me that the earlier rectifiers had a smaller Mesa Engineering logo in the middle of the grille that i noticed with the one BOtch pictured and the one pictured on that ebay site. My friend ordered another head case and diamond plated grille for his older two channel and he tried to get that "old school" smaller logo and they said they don't make them like that any more. I thought that was interesting.

Mine's alot bigger, fills that gap more between that verticle slats.
100_0354.jpg

-AJH

Elpelotero said:
the cole bottles are the rectifier tubes...they're still available to order on the mesa site. they're said to sound tighter.

Look at the 6L6's.,..they ARE also(and thats what I was talking about) coke bottle shaped. Just didnt know if they still made them or if they were vintage to the amp.

I don't think the 6L6 "coke bottle's" are still available, at least not from Mesa. I think those are, if not the original tubes, pretty old, and are relics like the amp.

-AJH

Latest posts

Back