OFFICIAL MARK V TONE SETTINGS THREAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RocknRory said:
Does anyone know or think I could get a Slither tone (velvet Revolver) out of this amp? Rhythm that is. If so what would the settings be?

try crunch setting gain at about oh 3oclock, master at abut 10 oclock pres to taste, treb at about 1:30-2 oclock, mids the same and bass half or less, set the eq up in classic "v" but with a bit more mids so u get that nice face crunch. 90 watts full power should do about teh trick, if that doesnt nail it throw in a overdrive to give it a bit more grit

Hi guys

has anybody succeed in dialing a good Steve Vai tone?
I'm playing with channel 2 Mark I (Thick) + boss DS-1 as booster, but I'm not satisfied.

thanks

lesterpaul said:
lesterpaul said:
might want to try this:
settingsmk1.jpg

mki.jpg

mk1setting.jpg

we had a few tests today-boy, its a ***** to play thru a Mk V,E Dyne, and C+ via a Boogie high gain amp switcher, but we survived!we thought we would take pics of our Mk 1 settings this time-played thru a Boogafunk Thiele with EV/Variac power, Groove Tube EL-34M power tubes, effects loop send level at !2:00 noon, these settings yielded a huge,THICK tone with gobs of gain and power-backing off the vol. knob gave more of a Marshall flavored classic hard rock tone, while dimin' it conjured up the "beast"-notable was diode vs. tube / at this volume, the differences between the two become apparent-obviously, use the preset for other channels with the sliders set in this fashion
(glad we didn't go to Jimmy's Lounge,after all!)

-this is a huge wall of sound that can be very flexible IF you know how to use the controls of your guitar/with a dual 'bucker, you can have great tonal variances by rolling off the vol/and/or tone knobs

Hey there, I just tried those settings with the knobs posted and sliders set that kinda stacked funky way and fiddled around some more for like 20 minutes and I just cannot get this blanket over my cab sound out. Could it be the amp or is just me? So I just went back to crunch mode and I think I will be using that for just mild OD and keep my Channel 3 on Mark IV mode for my rhythm chug tone.

[/quote]

Hey there, I just tried those settings with the knobs posted and sliders set that kinda stacked funky way and fiddled around some more for like 20 minutes and I just cannot get this blanket over my cab sound out. Could it be the amp or is just me? So I just went back to crunch mode and I think I will be using that for just mild OD and keep my Channel 3 on Mark IV mode for my rhythm chug tone.[/quote]

I find the amp has to be pretty loud for those popular MK1 settings really let the amp 'toss off the blanket' as you are talking about. I have not been able to get a decent MK1 tone at practicing around the house volumes.

Hey there, I just tried those settings with the knobs posted and sliders set that kinda stacked funky way and fiddled around some more for like 20 minutes and I just cannot get this blanket over my cab sound out. Could it be the amp or is just me? So I just went back to crunch mode and I think I will be using that for just mild OD and keep my Channel 3 on Mark IV mode for my rhythm chug tone.[/quote]

I find the amp has to be pretty loud for those popular MK1 settings really let the amp 'toss off the blanket' as you are talking about. I have not been able to get a decent MK1 tone at practicing around the house volumes.[/quote]

Gotcha. Yeah I will fiddle with is some more at band volumes Friday night when we practice.

sean106alcon said:
Gotcha. Yeah I will fiddle with is some more at band volumes Friday night when we practice.

The channel master and output levels need to be as pictured for those settings to work. When either one is reduced, the "blanket" rears its ugly head. Effects send level should be at 12:00 noon, Variac power, diode rectifier.

Anyway to get heavy nu-metal sound of Bullet for my valentine (such as Waking the Demon) with potentially a overdrive or added EQ in the loop? What channel and settings would you guys recommend?

RocknRory said:
Anyway to get heavy nu-metal sound of Bullet for my valentine (such as Waking the Demon) with potentially a overdrive or added EQ in the loop? What channel and settings would you guys recommend?

look at the post that has the killswitch engage tone and scoop the mids a bit more and use it in normal mode not bright. I always use od with my mark v maxon od808 to give it a lil more pre amp grit and grind

Billy Gibbons Tres Hombres lead tone (esp. la Grange):

Strat Bridge Pickup; volume and tone goosed all the way
w/ Pork Loin pedal as clean boost (not necessary...but it's the icing on the cake)
and try copping the great tone of this Texan with some attitude!!

Channel 2
Crunch
Normal postion
Gain - 2:30
Volume - as you like
Presence - 10:00
Treble - 12:30
Mid - 12:30
Bass - 12:00

Shooooooooooowwweeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuzzgod said:
Billy Gibbons Tres Hombres lead tone

Shooooooooooowwweeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Have You Heard" is my favorite lead tone (slide) on that album. It is all about the "feel" that comes forth when you are playing your heart out. 8) No matter what style of music you prefer.

Heres another tone test guys; this band uses dual recto's but try anyway. Downfall- Trust company. What would I do to get a heavy distortion like that? Channel, rectifier setting, should I use a OD, etc.

benson said:
Anyone got any great clean funk tones dialled in on channel 1 ?

I play primarily funk & fusion & jazz .... fat clean with NO MID's ,,,, wonderful spanky clean tones are possible

lesterpaul said:
lesterpaul said:
might want to try this:
settingsmk1.jpg

mki.jpg

mk1setting.jpg

we had a few tests today-boy, its a ***** to play thru a Mk V,E Dyne, and C+ via a Boogie high gain amp switcher, but we survived!we thought we would take pics of our Mk 1 settings this time-played thru a Boogafunk Thiele with EV/Variac power, Groove Tube EL-34M power tubes, effects loop send level at !2:00 noon, these settings yielded a huge,THICK tone with gobs of gain and power-backing off the vol. knob gave more of a Marshall flavored classic hard rock tone, while dimin' it conjured up the "beast"-notable was diode vs. tube / at this volume, the differences between the two become apparent-obviously, use the preset for other channels with the sliders set in this fashion

-this is a huge wall of sound that can be very flexible IF you know how to use the controls of your guitar/with a dual 'bucker, you can have great tonal variances by rolling off the vol/and/or tone knobs

LESTERPAUL - that one really rocks! THANK YOU!!! :mrgreen:

Anybody know a good Frank Zappa lead tone and rhythm tone? Would like to keep it on Channel 2, if possible. Thanks.

Hey guys,

All great settings so far but . . .

Is it me or the Mid control is pretty much useless? I know I can add some of it with the GEQ but I'd rather dial in the tone I want from the PRE at first - I'm not the Classic V type of guy. I like the more surgical, organic, dry mid gain rythm tone for my playing (CRUNCH mode, for instance). Can you experts throw in some advice for me as to how dial the MID control on the MKV?

Thank ye all!

try mark iv mode, on normal mode, 90 watts, pentode mode. now heres a lil tip i use on the mark v make the effects loop active and set the nob to about 3 oclock now go to the front and dial in gain at about 2oclock, master above 10 oclock (this amp realllly opens up the louder it goes) sometimes i like running the master even higher and then use less output in the end. Pres about 1 oclock, treb at about 1oclock, mids inbetween 2oclock and 3 oclock, bass 11 oclock. Now when you go to the geq this is where you bring in ur low end and your more mids and set treb to taste. Usually the best way to go is start with the v shap usually treb is a bit less than bass on the "v" part and then take ur mid and just raise it so it starts to look like a "w". With the output i usually start it at about 9 oclock and work up from there to get a good overall tone with band. see if that works bro

and some also maybe throw in some el34s to give ya lil more crunch, but what i do some times is if i want that dry tight vht pittbull tone i just use the "v" shape on the eq and use the crunch mode with the above settings with more gain and a od infront of the amp and use my lead channel for my more classic mark in your face tone.

lesterpaul said:
lesterpaul said:
might want to try this:
settingsmk1.jpg

mki.jpg

mk1setting.jpg

Have to say, this EQ preset is rather good, havent tried it at volume yet but its opened up the Mark 1 setting a lot more for me, always felt it was lacking a bit of punch and was a bit low end-ish, but this coupled with a good delay setting really floats my boat, even for a lead tone it seems very useable.

Cedrik Menard said:
Hey guys,

All great settings so far but . . .

Is it me or the Mid control is pretty much useless? I know I can add some of it with the GEQ but I'd rather dial in the tone I want from the PRE at first - I'm not the Classic V type of guy. I like the more surgical, organic, dry mid gain rythm tone for my playing (CRUNCH mode, for instance). Can you experts throw in some advice for me as to how dial the MID control on the MKV?

Thank ye all!

Start with all controls at 12:00 noon. Bring down the presence, treble, and bass a touch, increase the mids a touch. Keep adjusting this way until you get the level of mids you like.

Latest posts

Back