OD pedals and the mark 4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
anyone use an ocd with the mark 4?i really like the tones i have heard and am thinking about getting one to goose my r2.if anyone has any experience with od pedals...an information would be great.settings etc.

zvex super hard on, if you've got a tube amp its just about the best drive you can get. its also completely transparent with the OCD and fulldrive are not. I like the fulltone pedals (I've owned both) and the fulldrive is awesome in comp cut (put it in front of a blackface fender, crank up and hang on) but I find the super hard on to have a better base sound. and I like that on its own, the super hard on has absolutely no distortion going on, all it is is a gain boost. so when you're using it it really doesnt sound like a od pedal, its much more organic

I use a BYOC Triboost and a BYOC Screamer (TS808) depending on what I'm going for. Both work great on R2. As far as clean boosts go, I like the Triboost because it is essentially three boost pedals in one so I can make it do a lot of different things.

+1 to the bb preamp

I still prefer the super hard on, the ability to drive two amps is a big plus for me, cause for bigger gigs I use my mark III and jcm 800 side by side

I LOVE my Maxxon OD9 (true bypass unlike the TS9) with Analogman's silver Mod.

Not too many options (my mark IV already has enough knobs!), just sweet tone throughout 8) .

I can use it for an excellent clean boost, or adjust it a bit to add some color, depending on my mood.

I tend to use it mostly for the clean. That's why I went with the silver mod...

Latest posts

Back