OD pedal with Mark IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cander328

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Mark IIC+ combo with reverb and EQ ($1699 from GC with flight case :D ) and a 1x12 extension (open back - $150 also at GC - running both the combo speaker and extension at 4 ohms) and all I can say is that this is the tone I was trying to get with my LSS and a variety of ODs! I was looking for an amp that responds like an instrument and I have found it!! Now my question is whether or not any of you fellow Mark IIC+ owners use an OD in front of it and if so which ones. I will be trying it with the following and will share my thoughts:
Zendrive, Landgraff DO (custom voiced), Analog man KOT v4, Lovepedal Deux, Eternity, ProAnalog Dirt Royale with cheese, Timmy, MI Audio Tube Zone, MI Blue Boy Deluxe, Xotic AC Booster, Keeley Baked Mod TS, Foxrox ZIM, and BJF Honey Bee.

I told you I tried alot of ODs with the LSS. I am thinking that I will not need an OD at all accept when I want to push the IIC+ over the top especially at bedroom/home studio levels.

PS: Stay tuned for the garage sale to fund my hardwood cabinets! :D

I use a $40 Boss DS-1. It gets me all I need using the clean channel. If I use the Lead channel, it definitely goes over the top.

I also have a Keeley Mod DS-1 and an HBE Big D for distortions that I will check out. So far I can say that when people rave about a particular OD the experience by another user using a different amp can be totally different. These things are designed to intereact with the amp and this is often not discussed. It is amazing how much more impressed I am with my Keeley Mod (baked) TS and the MI Audio Tube Zone through the rythm channel of my IIC+ as compared to the clean channel of my LSS - Night and Day difference!! With the LSS these TS type pedals seemed to have a thin feeling and made the amp less responsive. They colored the sound rather than becoming part of the instrument. With the IIC+ there is a wider pallette of color that I am able to get out by "playing" the pedal as a much better integrated part of the amp. Also as everyone has suggested these things do little for the lead channel since this channel is already so sweet!

I really like the Carl Martin Hot Drive N' Boost with my MkIII. I use the distortion part for dirtying up my clean channel and I use the clean boost for boosting clean solos or pushing the lead channel in to sweet sustain land.

Latest posts

Back