OD and/or distortion pedals w/ED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffp

Reaction score
OK.......if you could only have one with the ED playing classic rock what would it be? How about one guitar with same pedal and ED?

Well, currently, I'm loving my Xotic BB preamp with the ED. It's got that high-mid focus to contrast and tighten up the ED's enormous low-mids. The overdrive from the pedal's also just that bit edgier than the ED's, which works great as a boost on the blue channel.

I've also recently decided that the ED works best (for me) as a single coil amp. Keeps them warm but still projects with all the clarity and presence that you expect from single coils, so I'd have to pair it with my Strat. IF I could only use one guitar and one pedal. That said, I'm still loving it with all of my guitars and pedals.

I really like the Fulldrive 2.

One of the nice things about the ED is that all three channels respond to the same settings on my pedal. It works out cool because I can boost the clean channel for a crunchy pedal kind of sound, then kick the footswitch over to the vintage low channel and it's kind of like I just boosted the pedal.

For guitars, I have a P90 Les Paul that sounds outstanding with the ED. It does sound good with humbuckers, but single coils can harness the ED's bottom end without turning it to mud the way a humbucker will.

those are two answers i was expectig. Good!I`m going to take a closer look at them. i suppose the ocd aso ?I think it`ll be a fulltone pedal for me I don`t have a LP so i need a little help with my single coil strat.

I also use a BB Preamp. I tried OCD's but didn't like them, they add some mush I could never dial out. Also though, I tried a Barber Burn Unit and thought that pedal worked really well.

OCDs sound great run with little gain, high tone, and high volume. I also find that the 18 volt adapter is more clear and less noisy than the 9 volt option. More headroom and a better boosted tone.

JEFF P -- Loving it a lot. I played it at practice again yesterday and it just rocks in the mix. The cleans have plenty of thick upper low end tones, which sound really great with my chorus pedals. I definitely am torn at the moment though. I want to add a second one, or an ED or Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue. I am really jonesing for a stereo spread to add more depth to my sound. The question is, do I want to lug that much gear around. I am definitely adding an ED 212 cab to go under my Royal Atlantic. I need four speakers. I like to "lean" into my sound, if you know what I mean ...

How's the ED? Did the tech resolve your issues?

jeffp said:
those are two answers i was expectig. Good!I`m going to take a closer look at them. i suppose the ocd aso ?I think it`ll be a fulltone pedal for me I don`t have a LP so i need a little help with my single coil strat.

I would say that the OCD has a very similar tone to the ED. Great sounding pedal, no doubt, but it's got that low-mid oomph that the ED already has in spades, so it seems a little redundant to run the two together. That said, I'm sure it'd still sound great with the ED, so it's worth a try if you can get the two in the same room together.

still @ shop......been almost a week.........still too early for any news. I`m probably good for another week and thats about all. I sure want to know they found a definite problem! If a we think so, not sure, couldn`t find that type of thing i will be very dissapointed.I wait!

When I do use a pedal, I'm happy with my cheap-*** Bad Monkey
Try it....ya might like it.

Latest posts

Back