OD-9 or OD-808 or no need to add an OD pedal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwujox

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am thinking to add an overdrive pedal in the front line to my 3 channels Dual Rectifier. I use a 4x12 traditional cab. It comes down to either Maxon OD-9 or OD-808. So I want to know which one is better? Is it necessary to get an overdrive pedal at all since I am pretty much a riff player?

I am pretty much playing hardcore/metal, so I dont use alot of effects anyway. Just a delay at the end.

Please give me some suggestion and thoughts! Thanks,
wujo

Well if you're happy with your sound, then there's no reason you'd need to get one.

Mostly they're used with the gain turned off or almost off as a lead boost type of thing.

And they're both great pedals, neither is better, but the OD9 has a bit more gain is a little chunkier, and has more of a compressed type sound.

I just bought an Ibanez TS9DX. Has four modes. including 808 circutry. Got mine for 150 cdn and I love it with my Dual Rec. made me love that amp. Try it...you might like it.

Hum

i just got the TS9 and i love it! the only problem i found is that it's very noisy, even as a clean boost and with the NS2 noise gate. i'm thinking of putting another noise gate before it as well (the dude from bullet for my valentine does it also).

Back