OCD users.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I picked up an OCD to try with my ED which i also just recently picked up. I use a BB Preamp as well but I'm having trouble with the OCD, it's a Version 3. There seems to be a layer of thickness, almost mush, that the pedal adds that i can't dial out. With the BB preamp i can adjust the bass control to almost match the tones i hear from the OCD. I'm trying it on low and high gain channels. I'm trying to pedal in LP mode with the level high and gain low, or in HP mode with level and gain halfway and the tone up high to cut down some bass.

My amp setting are pretty straightforward, volume around 3 O'Clock, tone controls around noon with the bass a little lower and treble and presence a little higher.

I used to own an OCD, and in fact use the OCD sim on my axe fx now for playing with the ED.

Typically I left the drive completely off and kept the tone around noon and adjusted the level to get the amount of drive I wanted.

I don't remember the original adding any mush though it was a version 4 I think.

I used it typically in LP but HP actually cut the bass more so I assume that would be tighter.

I only used it to add just a touch of overdrive. I found that I was not actually fond of the actual distortion created by the OCD, but loved it as a boost.

Try it with the drive completely off and just adjust the level to taste.

Latest posts

Back