Not much up on old Boogies, what's this one?? Studio caliber

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7386504760&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Is this a good buy? I'm looking for something with nice cleans for country music and nice distortion for 80s & 90s rock. I've heard of the .22 caliber, but not a studio caliber.

Anyone own one of these?

I think it's a DC-2. My DC-2 says "Studio Caliber DC-2).

I am using the following tubes:
V1 Groove Tubes Mullard Re-issue
V2-V6 JJ High-Gain set from Eurotubes
Power Tubes JJ EL84

The Cleans are very Fendery, but the mids and bass are more pronounced. This channel can do anything from Country to Jazz to Bluesy breakup depending on where you set the Gain and Volume for the Channel.

The Leads are very nice. You can get anything from Blues to Metal. I use mine for everything. I can get some serious Santana sustain and hold a conversation at the same time.

This doesn't mean that it isn't LOUD!!!! 20 watts can peel the paint just as well as my 50 watt Soldano head.

As for the price, it is about average from what I've seen. The tolex looks factory, so it may be worth a bit more.

I've seen them go for $372 (mine, but it needed a new Output Transformer) to $700 in mint condition.

Latest posts

Back