Not Much Traffic for the TA-30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Littleb said:
Im not interested so much if its too hard to carry,or one weighs more than the other, or if I can fit one in the backseat of a car better than the other,lol.....lets talk tone and how the TA 30 and TA 15 differ in gain,feel,complexity of notes,tightness, and authentic clean/dirt/gain sounds and what and where we use these amps for.I think both of these are excellent amps by mesa.. :D

I'm with ya Bro!!!

Recently, I have been playing my TA30 112 combo alot.....and really loving it! :mrgreen:

Pesonally, I prefer the 30W setting in most cases in both channels. However, I also appreciate the 40W setting at times....especially when setting my HSS guitar to the bridge HB pickup for high gain crunch and lead solo sounds offered in Ch2 H1/H2 modes.

The 40W setting can also be used with good results for great clean sounds in all modes of each channel, but I usually gravitate to the 30W power setting in most cases for my needs.

Andy Timmons has a new demo available (in the last month or so), and I encourage everybody to give it a listen if you are considering buying this amp. Timmons is playing through a TA30 head and MB 212 cab (I think) and does use the effects loop with some nice delays, etc. in his demo.

I would post his most recent demo here, but do not know how to do so.

However, all that you have to do is go to google and type in "andy timmons ta30 demo" and click on the first link....you are there. He demos all modes except H2 and all of them are in 30W. Fantastic, as far as I am concerned! :mrgreen:

I really am considering this amp! I refuse to buy Chinese made amps so that is out of the question...but I also don't think one has to spend $2000-$3000 for a London 65 or Divided By 13. Who am I to talk, I have a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva with El34s and a custom built PWE Event Horizon. But, I won't spend that kind of cash again, and I will stick to used.

I want something different than what I have and am thinking of either the Electradyne or TA-30. Both can handle clean and vintage tones quite well but I would probably want wichever has more punch and sounds fatter but I also play small places where we have to keep the volume down and my PWE and Shiva are incredible at bedroom volumes as well as gig volume.

I think I have to get out and try a TA-30.

Back