• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOS Tubes-prices reduced!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken j

Reaction score
Please read 5 posts down for updated info on these tubes.
NOS Tubes for sale:

4-GE 6L6 “Clear Tops”
6-RCA 6L6 “Clear Tops”
4-RCA 6L6 with top getter

All tubes are new but have no box. Retrofit your boogie or refurbish your Black Face with the tubes it came with when it left the Fullerton plant back in the day!

Also I have a duet of NOS GE7027A tubes I am selling for a friend. He bought these for one of his Ampegs. He sold the amps before using the tubes.

Please email me for more info.
IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

All emails and PMs have been replied to.

The 7027A's were purchased by a friend to service an Ampeg he had. They are a matched set. These are extremely rare tubes. Unfortunately his son had used the amp and left it on for three weeks and burned out most componets including the transformers. He was lucky it didn't burn the house down. The other two Ampeg amps were sold. The tubes never made it into any of the amps.

I am reviving this thread because I was able to get these tubes tested and matched. Also I have talked with a tube expert and he helped me identify what all of these are.
The 4-GE 6L6 “Clear Tops” are GE’s
The 6-RCA 6L6 “Clear Tops” are relabelled GE’s, as I suspected.
The 4-RCA 6L6 with top getters are relabelled Sylvanias. This is the tube that Fender went to in about 1978 and Mesa Boggie used from the start. Aspen Pittman referred to these as the “ruggedized Sylvania STR tube”.

The tubes were tested on a Hickok 725A tester. The person who did this has an adapter to split off the pins to measure the plate current. The tubes were matched using the voltages used while testing. The plate current was measured with a Fluke meter. Note: I am unable to test for micro-phonics or sound quality.

Since I have gone to the effort and expense of matching the tubes I will sell them in the following quantities:

Matched quad of GE clear tops.
Matched quad of RCA clear tops.
Unmatched duet of RCA clear tops (these will work fine in any amp with individual bias pots. Also will work great in most THD amps.
Matched quad of RCA top getter.
My friend’s set of GE7027A’s are still available.
I also have decided to let a quantity of four RCA 12AT7 tubes go. (Not pictured) I will sell these individually.
Ken_J_photos

I don't know why I have problems posting pics at times. Here's the link to a photo of the Hickok tube tester: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z75/Ken_J_photos/?action=view&current=Hickok752A-1-1.jpg

Thanks gts for posting the pics. I used the image button, sometimes it works for me as seen in my first post and other times it doesn't.

Prices for the 6L6 quad sets are $120 plus shipping. $45 for the 6L6 unmatched duet plus shipping. $22 each for the 12AT7's plus shipping. The 7027A's are $90 plus shipping. If you want everything including or excluding the 7027A's make a reasonable offer.

Unlike the estate sale I ran, I cannot accept Paypal. Actually I don't have Paypal. A surviving family member has the Paypal account.

Estate sale link: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25376 There are plenty of references there.

I'm not sure of the year but I believe that they are later tubes due to the new style of packaging. Just a guess on my part but I wouldn't be suprised if these are also relabeled. Tubes also have a "HO" and a "T" marked on them.

Double mica.

Grey plates.

They test as following. A minimum of 3000 Micromhos is required per triode.
8750/10000
10000/11000
8000/10075
9000/9000

I took some pics so here they are.
IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

The next pic is of an RCA but with different markings. I was going to keep this one but if someone wants it I can keep one of the others. It tests 10000/11000.
IMG_0787.jpg

Recieved my tubes today.
These tubes are as advertised and frankly, exceeded my expectations. Ken packed them up real good and used USPS Priority Mail to get them to me in 3 days.
I couldn't be happier. You guys have nothing to worry about if you need some nice American made NOS 6L6's or 12AT7's. Good price too!
Jim

Price adjustment as edited above:
Prices for the 6L6 quad sets are $120 plus shipping. $45 for the 6L6 unmatched duet plus shipping. $22 each for the 12AT7's plus shipping. The 7027A's are $90 plus shipping. If you want everything including or excluding the 7027A's make a reasonable offer.
I will entertain splitting the quads into duets if there is enough interest, although I think it is a shame since the plate current of these tubes are extremely close to each other. $60 per matched duet plus shipping.

Still available:
2 RCA 12AT7 $22 each plus shipping.
GE 7027A matched duet $90 plus shipping.
All others are sold.

Edit: ALL TUBES SOLD.

Back