• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NOS tubes and other 12AX7 tubes and 6L6 also

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkIVwidebody

Reaction score
All on ebay including Mullard Telefunken and Siemens plus a Dougs tone kit
Check item number 300250758970 and then click on "seller's other items" to see the tube listings

if i were to buy the dougs tube preamp set, would it still increase my gain in a dc3 if i just used the first 3 tubes in that kit?

All I can say for sure is that the 5th tube in the kit is for the phase inverter and the 4th is for the second lead gain stage. Therefore the first 3 tubes in a Mark IV's preamp lineup are the input stage, first lead stage and 5th lead gain stage so I would think so. The high gain JJ (second slot)and the Penta (3rd slot) do increase the gain in the Mark IV so I would use them in the same way and the Tung-Sol would go in the first position.
I really liked this tone better than the stock Mesas but fas far as selling my Mark IV of course I am putting the stock tubes with it as to not cause any confusion with the buyer and to give them the more stock tone. I don't want them to think I gave them a hodge podge of tubes or something like that.
The best tube I have for sale by far is the Siemens. In stage 1 your noise/hiss is greatly reduced and the tone is the same.

Latest posts

Back