Noobie with a RoadKing Head Problem!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flavell777

Reaction score
How do, thought i'd introduce myself and my dilema! Been lurking for a while since my RK decided to carry on to the next life!

I'm from the UK and bought a RK around september time. Loved the amp to bits and had no problems at all. Then at it's first gig channels 3 and 4 went for a walk half way through a song. Not happy!

Returned the amp to the store, (who have been excellent by the way) and it was sent straight to the UK distributor to get sorted. They had it for 6 weeks before they found the fault! you guessed it, the diode problem. What winds me up is this is the official distributor for the UK and they didn't know about a regular fault that Mesa are aware of!

Any hoo they returned the amp and it looked like they'd kicked it around the workshop for the past 6 weeks!! As you can imagine i didn't take it back and have demanded a new one.

So has any body got their hands on the new RK MK5 yet and can tell me what to expect. Mine should be here mid to late feb! Here's hoping!

Cheers Flav.

Welcome to the board!!!

Sorry to hear about the RK problems!

So, you did take it back or you didn't take it back, not quite sure what you did there :?: ?

I would have definately taken it back and demanded a new one if the repair guys didn't take care of it too, this sounds like what you did since you're expecting the new one in Feb. I wouldn't think there'd be much difference in sound, just more reliable and up to date components. But if it does sound different, I'd be really anxious to hear what you have to say about it!!

Keep us posted!

I didn't even take it back out of the store, just handed it back and said call me when you get a new one!

Had a couple of different loans since mine went, so i've been able to compare it with the Triple Rec and a MKIV. Have to say the RK kicked both their arses in my opinion.

Soon as the new one arrives i'll let you know if there's a difference.

As far as I know, the upgrades I had done when I had that problem brought my RK up to the latest version....with that in mind, you can expect to absolutely love your amp, and constantly find new and exciting tones in it....the RK is the best I've owned. once you get yours back and experience it working the way it should, you are gonna love it.

RB

Sorry to hear that the store treated your amp like a football. That happened with one of my amps. I offered to leave the cover that I had on it because it was in pristine condition. The store said no, that was ok, because they'd take care of it and also they didn't want to be responsible for the cover. It came back all marked up. It looked like the "amp" truck took it over the Rubicon! Not cool, especially when the tolex on the amp was blonde. I bitched about it and the manager owes me one, if I decide to buy something there again. In the future though, I'll request the address of the technician's shop and take it there myself or find a technician who will treat my stuff like it was, well, MINE.

Oh well, I hope that your next amp does everything that it's supposed to. It'll be cool to hear futher reports on the new one.

Spoke to the store today and they have assured me that my replacement RK will be a series II. Should be here end of febuary!!

So i my best Macho man randy savage voice.......

OOOOOH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Soon as i get it i'll post some reviews!

Got my old Road King back the other day to put me on till the Series II ships here. Really couldn't get on with the Mark IV i had on loan.

However i F**king love the RK!!

It ROCKS.

If you're thinking about one, go buy it NOW!

Back