Noob Mark IV Question..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scary Guy IRL

Reaction score
Okay. So i'm a noob when it comes to Tube Amps, and Mesa's. But i'm on the verge of purchasing an amp, and i'm still running ideas through my head. For all you Mark IV Owners.. Can a Mark IV pull off these sort of tones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yUUCRJGdko

Most Notibly at:

1:25
1:45, I can't get enough of that Crunchy tone.
and also 2:00.

I don't mean can it mirror Petrucci's tone in this video, but can the IV get the same sort of tones are Petrucci shows from his IIC+?

Also:
How Versatile are the Mark IV's, Could they pull off, country, classic rock, rock, metal? etc

Thanks
-Conor D-

You shouldn't have much trouble getting those basic tones but keep in mind JP uses effects on pretty much all his tones

Yea. In that lead, his tone's drenched in effects. The clean seems to have a bit of Chorus or Flanger. Crunch seems farily dry though.

So a Mark IV, can pull of that stuff?... Interesting.. :p

Thanks Monty

Also if anyone could give me any input on the Mark IV it would be apprechiated, the pro's, the cons etc..

I need something Fairly Versatile.

I play Country, Indie, Classic Rock, Rock, Metal.

So i need nice cleans, nice over-driven type sound, Nice Lead and Metal Sound. Would the Mark IV be upto standards?

you can pull that sound bro. you cant go wrong with a mark IV. i have a combo version and im converting it to head coz i wanna pair it with a 2x12. versatility? no problem. go for it

I'm running my pod into the efects loop on the MKIV and you can get those tones with the MKIV IMHO.

The Mark IV is pretty versatile with good tone. You just have to take the time to learn how to use it.

Pull the trigger...

i'm intrested in that crunch rhytym tone...

looking at getting mark series myself...

would i be able to get that via triaxis or mark iv or does it have to be iic+

I really like the tone at 5 30, does any have any settings that can give me this kind of THUMP when he was playing that E F# G E??

Moreso than settings to find you need to work on your technique to get that. Sure his sound has a lot to do with it but without being able to physically play it you will not be able to achieve that sound. Take the timet o play with your amp and tweak the knobs. You'll find it sooner than you think. Of course some of the other effects may not be there but you'll need an Eventide to get that exactly.

if it has a satelite send its a B(later one).
If you have a normal fx loop and a switchable and no satelite, you have an A.(early one).

AART said:
then you have an A.

Do you have a picture of your Mark?
Then i can tell you whats it is for certain.

Hey, I got a question, i was wondering hwo cna i use two cabinets with one mark IVA head?

Back