Nomad Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardG

Reaction score
Howdy all

I am eying this on Ebay here in Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MESA-BOOGIE-NOMAD-45-ALL-VALVE-TUBE-COMBO-AMP_W0QQitemZ270471873948QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item3ef961459c

I am sorta new to boogies so I have a dumb question.

Is this boogie in fact rare? And are the speakers "correct"?

More importantly are they considered a good amp overall?

Here in Australia Boogies are not that common. For years there was only one distributor, but since one of the major chains took them on they are more common. Also Boogies are really expensive over here :(

Thnaks

Is this boogie in fact rare?
Maybe the 410 is a bit rarer.
The add is full of usual sellers claims.

And are the speakers "correct"?
Yes

More importantly are they considered a good amp overall?
Do a search through the forum and you will find differing opinions from love to hate. I had one. Loved and hated it.

Here in Australia Boogies are not that common. For years there was only one distributor, but since one of the major chains took them on they are more common. Also Boogies are really expensive over here :(
There still is only one distributor. More stores carry them now.
Mesa products are not that uncommon over here.

These things are all I know. The Nomad 4X10 is rather uncommon here in the central US. I know a store in my city that has as Nomad 55 4X10 in mint condition for sale for $900 USD. I have not played on it, so no comment in that regard.

Also, I own and use a Nomad 55 2X12 which I bought used mint several months ago for $600 USD, and have been told by fellow players that I got a steal. It is very versatile. It has to be with me, because I like a wide range of music from jazz to country to metal. I have only four rack effects that I use. These are a graphic EQ (my amp didn't have this option) digital delay/chorus, compressor/limiter/gate/ and BBE Sonic Maximizer. Notice no overdrive or clean boost pedal? With this amp, they are not needed. The only thing I can say negative is that the reverb is so faint that it almost isn't there at all.

lostcause said:
There still is only one distributor. More stores carry them now.
Mesa products are not that uncommon over here.

Thanks for you comments

You are right, I did not word that correctly. I recall when Pro Audio in Canberra pretty much had the mesa market to themselves. My comment that they are not that common.....I meant they are not like marshall or fender where there is a lot of it around.

Dolebludger said:
These things are all I know. The Nomad 4X10 is rather uncommon here in the central US. I know a store in my city that has as Nomad 55 4X10 in mint condition for sale for $900 USD. I have not played on it, so no comment in that regard.

Also, I own and use a Nomad 55 2X12 which I bought used mint several months ago for $600 USD, and have been told by fellow players that I got a steal. It is very versatile. It has to be with me, because I like a wide range of music from jazz to country to metal. I have only four rack effects that I use. These are a graphic EQ (my amp didn't have this option) digital delay/chorus, compressor/limiter/gate/ and BBE Sonic Maximizer. Notice no overdrive or clean boost pedal? With this amp, they are not needed. The only thing I can say negative is that the reverb is so faint that it almost isn't there at all.

Thanks for your comment

Latest posts

Back