Nomad 55

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Why would you get rid of these amps? I'm shure they will put something in thier place.

If I was designing an amp for them it would be the Nomad minus the effects loop, Vintage Modern switches and all the other bells and whistles. The Bias switch is pretty cool but thats it. No Reverb except on the clean channel, no reverb in the footswitch no Solo boost just a straight forward little grab and go amp. I love it the way it is but dont need all the bells and whistles.

I'm sure there are those out there that use all the extras though. Just not me. Three channels are enuff to gig with without all the other stuff. I dont like how close together all the foot switch buttons are. Thinking about making a footswitch myself that just has the three channels on it with the solo and reverb wires on the plug just left out. SAME sise but more space between them. I'm in a habit of hitting two buttons at one time with my big ol feet.

I love this amp though. Its a keeper for shure.

I was looking on the website and saw this amp in Cocoa Brown with Tan grill. That looks sweet. I wonder if Boogie would make a new cab for me?

Nomad said:
I'll bet that is a giant killer. :D
It's especially rippin' when I run it through a closed-back 412. My setup uses a Sound Sculpture PowerSwap, and I use midi program changes to select the 212 combo speakers or the 412 depending on the effects parameters I'm using. Swirly effects sound better with the 212. Big reverb and chorus sound better with the 412.

I mostly use channel 2 modern, but I have some patches for channel 3 modern and channel 1 normal too. For pristine clean and tremolo effects, I run a Blue Angel. Mine's a NOS 112 I got last month.

Latest posts

Back